NZART is an association of individual members, however those members are encouraged to get together and form local Branches which are associated with NZART.
The NZART Council is the elected executive group charged with managing the affairs of the organisation.
For the purposes of election of the executive council and other voting the country is split into four geographical districts, based on the old Post Office districts which were used for the allocation of call signs:
- Northern District (ZL1) -upper North Island
- Central District (ZL2) -lower North Island
- Midland District (ZL3) -upper and mid South Island
- Southern District (ZL4) -lower South Island
The business of NZART is entrusted to an elected President, and an elected Executive Council.
The Executive Council is made up of:
- Three (3) elected Councillors from the Northern District
- Three (3) elected Councillors from the Central District
- Two (2) elected Councillors from the Midland District
- One (1) elected Councillors from the Southern District
- A Vice-President is elected from within the Executive Council.
- The office of President and Council is for a two-year term.
The links below is the presentation delivered at the Napier 2021 NZART AGM on possible changes to the makeup of NZART Council. This is a discussion document for clubs/branches.
Last Updated: 08 June 2021