There are a few ways to keep in touch with NZART news and information:
- Break-In is the official journal of the NZART and is published six times a year for all members.
- InfoLine is out bi-weekly email newsletter which covers many topics is the primary source of news by email.
- If you're a Facebook user you can follow @theNZART which will alert you to important updates on the website, events and when Infoline is published if you don't like Email subscription services.
- If you're a Twitter user you can follow @NzartOnline which will alert you to important updates on the website, some events and when Infoline is published if you don't like Email subscription services.
- If you'd like to keep in touch with club and branch news there is the Branch Newsletters mailing list which re-distributes a number of newsletters from around the country under a single email subscription.
Aside from the news, there are a couple of ways to keep in touch that are a bit more social:
- The NZART-Members mailing list. A traditional mailing list which is just general banter and conversation between local hams.
Latest News and Updates
10 January 2021
Updated 10 January: ZL Amateur Radio Beacons 2021 are ready for checking. As no Call Book will produced for year (2021), the intention is to not only have the Beacon Map plus their active status available online but also to print them in the January/February 2021 issue of Break-In. Please check these PDF's for accuracy and report to the VHF Records Coordinator any mistakes you see, via email to John ZL2TWSRead more
03 January 2021
NZART Contests Calendar for 2021 has been updated for 2021. Place these dates in your calendar for this year. There is is one or more contests for everyone to partake in. Click on the link to review the calendar.Read more
28 December 2020
NZART Portable Activity Day - New Years Day 1 January 2021. Back for it’s third iteration, NZART Portable Activity day will once again take place on New Years Day, 1 January 2021. What better way to forget 2020 by getting outdoors and operating knowing there will be others doing the same.Read more
23 December 2020
Official Broadcast 2021 calendar has been updated. Note: there is no broadcast in January 2021. The next broadcast is Sunday 28 February 2021.Read more
23 December 2020
HQ InfoLine 2021 calendar has been updated. Note: there is no InfoLine in January 2021. The next InfoLine is Sunday 7 February 2021.Read more
20 December 2020
The December NZART broadcast is now online in MP3 format for online listening. Note: there is no broadcast in January 2021. The next broadcast is Sunday 28 February 2021.Read more
07 December 2020
The ACMA has reviewed all submissions to this consultation. When weighing up spectrum use, the ACMA considers the objects of the Radiocommunications Act 1992. In balancing defence’s existing use of the 5351.5–5366.5 kHz band against the impacts of introducing use by the amateur service, the ACMA has decided not to support amateur use in the band. The decision paper in the key documents section gives the reasons for our decision. See link for more information.Read more
07 December 2020
NZART Policy on Special Callsign Allocations has been updated and approved by NZART Council as of 3 November 2020.Read more
06 December 2020
InfoLine issue 422 is online now. You can subscribe to InfoLine and get it directly in your inbox as well.Read more