Student Exam/Call Sign Allocation Fee’s Set to ZERO
NZART Executive Council has agreed to lower the cost of Students sitting the Amateur Exam and the issuing of a Call Sign to no cost or ZERO.
Purpose of this new policy to encourage new younger members into amateur radio where the cost of the exam and issuing of a new call sign was deemed a barrier in doing so.
Upon a successful pass the student will be allocated a call sign in the normal way via the NZART ARX. The student will also be given a year’s complimentary* membership to NZART. *(Receive one-year free membership to NZART from 1 Jan to 31 December in the same year. If joining after 1 July, membership will expire 31 December the following year, meaning eighteen months of membership.)
- This Policy only applies to NZART Supervised Exams.
- It applies to anyone under the age of twenty five (25) years who is in full time study.
- The Exam Supervisor(s) are to vet each applicant to ensure that each applicant is a bona fide student.
- The policy is restricted in the first twelve months to a maximum of twenty (20) applicants, dealt with on a first come basis.
- This new policy will come into effect from 1 September 2019 and will be reviewed prior to the roll over on 1 September 2020. There is no guarantee that the policy will continue after this date, or that the number of applicants be increased or decreased.
- There is nothing stopping a Branch requesting from an exam candidate a donation to the club for providing this service.
This policy was approved by the NZART Council on 3 June 2019.