2 February 2008
The MED has granted NZART a single license for all STSP's in New Zealand. This policy statement sets out the terms and conditions of this license.
MED Licence Conditions:
- Short-Term Special-Purpose (STSP) repeaters must not cause interference to other licensed services.
- Only STSP repeaters are permitted under this licence.
- The maximum permitted operating duration is 14 days.
- The minimum inter-antenna spacing, between the antenna of the STSP and the antenna of any other communication service, is 50 metres.
- Maximum permitted e.i.r.p. +17 dBW.
- Five specified transmit frequencies in the 2 metre band:
- Five specified transmit frequencies in the 70 cm band:
NZART Operating Conditions:
- The operating frequency of a STSP should be selected in consultation with neighbouring branches/AREC sections.
- Two trustees are required for each STSP; these trustees must be NZART members.
- A STSP operating under Licence 209732 may only be established by NZART members.
Licence 209732 may be viewed on the MED web site:
Insert licence number 209732 in the top box. Press the ENTER key.
When the next page appears, click on the blue underlined licence number 209732 in the left- hand column.
The next page is the licence. This page shows Conditions 5, 6 and 7. A copy can be printed.
The MED Licence Conditions may be viewed by clicking on the blue underlined "View Licence Conditions" towards the bottom of the licence. This page shows Conditions 1, 2, 3 and 4. A copy can be printed.
ZL1UD and ZL2TAR - 31.1.08