NZART and ICOM sponsor this award. This NZART Award is for best examination result for candidates under the age of 18.
- 2021 - Albert Wang ZL1LB aged 15 with a result of 56/60
- 2020 - Joshua Judkins ZL3MHZ aged 9 with a result of 57/60 – Christchurch Branch HamCram.
- 2019 - Riley Bishop ZL3KPM aged 13 with a result of 55/60 – Christchurch Branch HamCram.
- 2018 – Zach Tucker ZL1TJZ Auckland Br 02
- 2017 - No nomination
- 2016 - Alice Bowler-Parkin ZL2EM
- 2015 - Xenia Berger ZL4YL
- 2014 - Daniel J Wilden ZL4DU
- 2013 - Billy Barrow ZL3FLY
- 2012 - Aiden Barnsdale ZL3AP/ Molley-Ellen O’Malley ZL3YL
- 2011 - Thomas Fellows ZL3PSG aged 16, pass 55/60
- 2010 - Ethan Browne ZL1AE and Jason Light ZL3LD
- 2009 - Gabriel Pearce
- 2008 - Lewis Osborne ZL3LO
- 2007 - No nomination
- 2006 - Benjamin Williams and Matthew Pearce
- 2005 - Andrew Chalmers ZL4APC
- 2004 - Heidi McKenzie ZL4HAM
- 2003 - No nomination
- 2002 - Adrian Pratt ZL3VBC
- 2001 - Ben McGuinness ZL2TBA
- 2000 - Aiden Kirk ZL2UAK
- 1999 - Jade Templeman
- 1998 - Lance Neame
NZART Youth Achievement Award (Examination) Rules
To Recognise Youth Achievements in Amateur Radio
The Award Objectives
Objectives of the Award is for NZART (and a co-sponsor) to demonstrate and encourage interest in promoting technological awareness and education in the field of radio and electronics by involving young people in Amateur Radio and to focus the activities of our younger Amateur Radio operators into achieving excellence in all aspects of the hobby, both individually and within the fellowship that belonging to Amateur Radio brings.
Requirements to obtain The Youth Achievement Award for Best Examination Result
The criteria for this award is:
- The recipient to be under 18 years of age at the time of examination,
- The recipient to have attained the highest marks in an Amateur Radio Operators Certificate Examination held during the previous 12 months to 1st of April in the year of the Award presentation,
- The recipient will be presented with the following at NZART Conference:
- A suitably endorsed framed certificate presented by NZART (and co-sponsor if applicable),
- A voucher for $100 to purchase books of the recipient's choice,
- One years free subscription to NZART,
- A presentation from any other Branch/Business/Individual who may wish from time to time, to co-sponsor the Award with NZART, and
- Payment of half a registration to NZART Conference if the recipient attends.
- In the event of equal marks being gained each recipient will receive the above.