Council Present: ZL1TAJ Neill Ellis, ZL2IK Peter Mulhare, ZL4XYZ Phill Dodds,
ZL2YSL Scott Jackson, ZL3PAH Phil Holliday,
ZL3DMC Don MacDonald, ZL4LDY Dave Allen
Minute Secretary: ZL3PAH Phil Holliday
Howard Buxton ZL1BXA and Ann Fraser ZL3TNT
03/3 Confirmation of Minutes 4 July 2018
03/4 Additional Agenda Items:
3/9 Chorus Update
02/5 Action points
Action Points Council Friday face to face meeting June 2016
10) ZL2TW Re-establish charitable status of AREC SAR Trust – Caravel.
Charities has accepted the re-application pending changes to the Trust document along the lines that NZART had to carry out: additions re conflict of interest of trustees. The amended trust document has been circulated among the trustees for signing and re-submitting. Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting Monday F/F Rotorua 2017
01) ZL1TAJ/ZL1UD former Councillor, to rewrite Councillors handbook.
Delayed due to illness Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting September 2017
1) ZL2TW/AREC Governance Review Update Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting February 2018
1) ZL4XYZ Advertising with other organizations, prepare advert and circulate to Council.
Phil reports articles and advertisements have been prepared for more magazines, the latest being Motor Caravan Association Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting Friday F/F June 2018
01) ZL2DL Include on invoice an extra line for donations. Complete
02) ZL2IK to trial reducing font size to include repeater maps in the book. To be completed by September. Ongoing
03) ZL2TLL/ZL3PAH to seek update from RSM on 60 meter permanent allocation.
06) Evan/ZL3PAH/ZL2DL to resolve issues with HQ database so membership details can be added to a protected area of the website ASAP.
Guide for new operator’s booklet actions by Council
01) ZL2YSL offered to request quote for printing.
02) ZL2TW suggested to review old call books for information to be used.
03) ZL2DL to coordinate the piecing together of an introductory booklet with ZL2YSL, ZL4XYZ, AZL1TAJ, ZL2IK.
04) ZL2DL to approach, Warren Harris. Kelvin Barnsdale, Ralph/Rosemary Boshier, Richard Smart, David Walker for input to the booklet.
05) ZL1TAJ to undertake Repeater Booklet be included on the web page.
The above action points are all ongoing pending special issue of Break In.
Actions to be undertaken by Council for special Break In October 2018 to include material for promoting amateur radio/examinations by 10 September 2018
01) ZL2IK contact Hawkes Bay/Whangarei branches to document success stories of Ham Cram courses. Dave is contacting ZL4DK
02) ZL4LDY to approach ZL4DK on How to Run a Ham Cram Course. Ref above action point.
03) ZL3DMC How to recruit candidates for Ham Cram courses
04) ZL2TW/AREC source of new amateurs. Working on it.
05) ZL2TW in Presidents Column (reminder what can you do for the association)
06) ZL2DL Engage national training manager’s input, what is needed – in branches etc.
07) ZL2TW What can NZART HQ do for you? Break In Column
08) ZL2AJ SOTA. Phill ZL4XYZ to contact Warren
09) ZL4XYZ/ZL3PAH find information on the Buildathon project run by David Searle.
10) ZL2IK/ZL3TNT/ZL2YSL Retention of new amateurs from courses.
11) ZL1TAJ to find information on what can we all do to encourage potential new
Keeping Club rooms tidy and informative
Our own physical appearance
Advertising local frequencies in regions on farm fences
Greeters at branches.
Action Points Council meeting July 2018
01) ZL4XYZ/ZL2YSL looking at amateur radio involvement in Faire in Wellington 4 November and will report back to the next meeting.
Many ideas floated here Ongoing
02) ZL2IK to report on progress with branches re charitable status and premium payable for PL insurance to include on association policy.
Applicable branches submitting required forms Ongoing
03/6 Confirmation of New Members July 2018 Approved
03/7 Finance July 2018
b) Actuals versus Forecast Accepted
03/08 Monthly Reports
a) QSL Bureau Report
b) LGLO Report Accepted
03/09 Chorus ZL2TW
Details of branch equipment at Chorus sites has been collated and forwarded to Chorus. Chorus has been informed that the most likely suitable host for our equipment at Chorus sites will be getting back to us later in the year when a major upgrade has been completed. Awaiting a reply at this stage. Ongoing
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org