Meeting held on the 3 October 2017 via Skype commencing 7:30pm
5/1 Roll Call
Chairperson: Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Council: Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ, Peter Mulhare ZL2IK, Howard Buxton ZL1BXA,
Phill Dodds ZL4XYZ, Scott Jackson ZL2YSL,
Phil Holliday ZL3PAH, David Allen ZL4LDY
Min Sec: Phil ZL3PAH
Don McDonald ZL3DMC, Ann Fraser ZL3TNT
5/3 Minutes of Council meeting 5th September 2017 Approved
5/4 Action Points
Action Points Council March meeting 2016
01) ZL3PAH New NZART Web Site Nothing heard this month but update to be sought before next meeting. Ongoing
Action Points Council Friday face to face meeting June 2016
10) ZL2TW Re-establish charitable status of AREC SAR Trust
Evan Sayer has provided a list of required information to satisfy the charities new reporting requirements, which has stalled the re-application
Action Points Council meeting February 2017
1) ZL1TAJ/ZL2YSL/ZL3TNT to prepare a policy on tenure of NZART
Officers and align with job descriptions.
Anne ZL3TNT is to organize a catch up with all concerned. Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting Friday F/F Rotorua 2017
01) ZL2TW/Evan to consider change of wording in constitution to include
Suitably qualified person’ referring to the qualification required of the reviewer of the accounts, for next year’s conference as a constitutional remit ON HOLD
02) ZL4XYZ/ZL1BXA/ZL2YSL will actively pursue advertising with other like minded organizations such as NZMCA and advise Council.
ZL4XYL has sent one letter out and is to contact Max Wheatly and Gareth Bradshaw for assistance with connected groups. Ongoing
03) ZL1TAJ to write JD for ELG and pass on to ZL2DL for uploading to website.
ZL1TAJ has done a draft and will send to ZL2TW for proofing first then will send to Steve Fogerty Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting Monday F/F Rotorua 2017
01) ZL2TW to advise portfolios for Council appointments at next meeting – Ongoing
02) ZL3PAH to review Councilor handbook and report to Council Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting September 2017
1) ZL6B Beacon relocation costs – waiting to hear back from Wairarapa Branch Ongoing
2) ZL2TW to prepare announcement regarding 5MHz trial in the Presidents column in Break In Complete
3) ZL2TW AREC Governance Review Update
An update on the AREC Trust report was presented by Stuart ZL2TW: awaiting the final version, a submission has been made on the interim report. Ongoing
5/5 Confirmation of New Members September 2017
5/6 Monthly Financials September 2017
b) Actuals v Budget Approved
5/7 Monthly Reports
a) AREC financial Report – emailed
b) QSL Bureau Report
c) LGLO Report Approved
5/8 Replacement IARU Liason Officer
Following the resignation of Phil Dodds ZL4XYZ council has been put in contact with John Moriarty ZL2JPM via ALO Don after he expressed interest in the position. Council has reviewed Johns CV and Stuart ZL2TW has been in touch with John by phone, council is happy to appoint him.
5/9 Callsign Policy 2009
2009 Callsign policy was discussed as put forward by Debby Morgan to remove the reference to an out of date application form. Approved
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org