Meeting held via Skype on Tuesday 6th August 2013 commencing 7:30pm. Roll call at 7:25pm.
03/1 Roll Call
Chairman: ZL1TGC Vaughan Henderson
ZL1PK Phil King, ZL1TPH Stephen Hayman, ZL1TAJ Neill Ellis
ZL2AJ Warren Harris,
ZL2TW Stuart Watchman, ZL3PAH Phil Holliday
ZL4TAE Terry Thomas (joined the meeting at 8:39pm)
Min Sec: Debby ZL2DL
03/3 Confirmation of Minutes July 2013
Moved ZL1TPH Seconded ZL1PK Carried
03/4 Additional Agenda Items
3/10 HQ Info line Editor
03/5 Action points
November 2011 Council Net
07 ZL2TW to do promotional Power point presentation for NZART and submit to Council for approval. Ongoing
ZL2TW requested photos from Council and anyone else who may be able to help put this project together. Council agreed to place a plea for useful material, in HQ Info-line. Council agreed, that it be made known, any material used becomes the property of NZART.
A/P ZL2TW to write a small article for HQ In-line requesting appropriate photo’s for a promotional power point display.
F/F February 2013 Wellington Airport
01 Finance Sub Committee to review all HQ expenditure and discuss with
Debby/Evan. This is pertaining to the photocopier. Ongoing
ZL3PAH to follow up with Sharp, ZL1TGC to advise who the contact person is.
05 ZL1TGC Certificate of appreciation for meritorious service to be prepared
Thanks to ZL2TW for arranging the printing and preparing more certificates to have on hand.
07 ZL1TGC to look into the costs for the production of the ARRL based sticker
“When all else fails…Amateur Radio”. Ongoing
08 FMTAG/ZL4TAE to prepare a process of replacement engineering skills if
ZL2TAR is not available. David to report back to Council on a suitable replacement in this event.
Nothing heard from ZL2SX Ongoing
Motion: That July Council minutes be released with section re FMTAG suppressed.
Moved ZL1TPH Seconded ZL1PK
10A ZL3PAH HQ processes and documentation. Ongoing
ZL3PAH wishes to revisit HQ during September or October to discuss procedures.
ZL2DL advised she has commenced writing an HQ process manual.
13 ZL1TGC to approach webmaster to make it more user friendly. Perhaps
include a member’s only area as well. Ongoing
ZL1TGC advised that he is currently preparing a plan which he will submit to Council soon. ZL1TGC had received three offers from members to assist here, but all advised that could not progress without costs involved.
Action Points Monday Meeting of Council Conference 2013
01 ZL3PAH and Finance Sub Committee to review the costs and time involved in ARX duties. Ongoing
02 ZL2DL create a time sheet on ARX duties to run over 3mths period then report back. Ongoing
ZL2DL suggested to Council that the 3 actions points pertaining to the ARX position cannot be completed until a summary of time and facts are available. ZL2DL has created a spread sheet of this information and is currently in the second month of completing this.
03 ZL2AJ to liaise with Debby and prepare an FAQ summary on ARX duties.
05 ZL2DL to get quotes from suppliers of postage envelopes and internet and advise Council. Ongoing
ZL2DL advised she had received a quote from Vodafone. Changing providers was not an option as this would involve changing phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Too costly as signage would also have to be changed.
ZL2DL will forward to Council two proposals received from Vodafone . The first has the potential to save approximately $25.00 per month, the second approximately $78.50, however requires expenditure of $120.00 to realign the monitored alarm.
No costs had been obtained for postage and envelopes.
06 Evan to forward a revised budget for 2014 to Council.
Finance sub-committee to review the revised budget and discuss at their meeting to be held on the 14th August.
ZL1TPH wishes to be included however ZL3PAH suggested they discuss any considerations via phone, so ZL3PAH can submit ZL1TPH’s suggestions to the committee.
07 ZL1TGC to report progress on web site design upgrade as discussed with ZL3QL Complete
The cost of this was prohibitive.
08 ZL1TGC to approach Rhonda Merritt, with regard to including Forest and Rural Fire Risk Cover on our policy and the cost for this additional cover. ZL1TGC advised that the cost of increasing our Rural Fire Risk cover from the current $250,000 to $1M was an additional $150 per year. He recommended to Council that we proceed with this. This recommendation was accepted by Council.
A/P ZL1TGC To confirm with Aon Insurance (Rhonda Merritt) that the Association’s Rural fire risk cover be increased from $250,000 to $1M.
03/6 Confirmation of New Members July 2013
Moved ZL1TPH Seconded ZL1TAJ Carried
03/7 Monthly Financials July 2013
a) Ratification of Payments Moved ZL2TW Seconded ZL1TPH
b) Actuals versus Budget – received and discussed. This will receive further consideration by the Financial Sub-committee
03/8 Monthly Reports
a) QSL Bureau report
b) Monitoring Service May/June report – e-mailed
Council approved the two reports above Moved ZL2TW, seconded ZL2AJ
c) FMTAG report recommendations
The final recommendations were approved – Moved ZL1TPH Seconded ZL2TW Carried
03/9 Review 2014 Budget
Agenda item not required as now in the hands of the Finance Sub-Committee who will report back to Council.
03/10 HQ Info-Line Editor
ZL1TPH requested that the appointment of this position be confirmed and approved by ALL of Council.
ZL2DL advised ZL2VM had received a copy of the Job Description.
A/P ZL2DL Forward to Council a copy of the JD of HQ Info-line Editor and information on ZL2VM’s history as advised in HQIL issue # 278.
03/11 Conference 2014
ZL1TGC advised that as yet no firm offer had been received to host the 2014 conference. Westport branch was no longer a possibility; however Ashburton Branch had advised that if no-one else came forward they could host the conference.
A/P ZL1TGC to contact the Ashburton Branch President to confirm if they are still able to host 2014 Conference.
03/12 Council presence at Field Days/Junk Sales/Market Days etc
ZL1TGC urged wherever possible and without incurring too much cost, Council must attend events such as market days, field days and conventions.
ZL2TW confirmed there will be an East Fest event on the 7- 8 September that he will attend.
ZL1TGC advised he will be attending the Hamilton Radio Club Market Day. He requested the NZART Banners and any other promotional material from HQ be forwarded to him to promote the presence of NZART at these events.
ZL1TAJ and ZL1TPH will attend the Market Day with ZL1TGC. ZL1PK will be there as he is one of the organisers.
A/P ZL2DL Forward NZART banners and other promotional material to ZL1TGC for the Hamilton Market Day.
3/13 Central Region Council Vacancies
ZL1TPH queried the progress of ZL1TGC in appointing two persons to the vacant Council positions.
ZL1TGC confirmed he was still awaiting CV’s from those persons who had approached him at conference.
13/14 Promotional Banners on Web
ZL2DL requested that a suggestion received from ZL1TPH regarding placing the promotional banners for sale by NZART on the web page.
Council agreed and advised ZL2DL to have this included on the NZART web page.
03/15 Information Papers
03/16 Leave of Absence
ZL3PAH away from 31st August – 17th September
ZL1TGC may need to go to Tahiti for a few days but will advise Council if/when this happens.
03/15 General Business
Meeting Closed at 8:49pm