1. From NZART HQ 2. VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF CONTEST NEWS 3. Close Down of Channel 1 and Amateur use of 50 to 51 MHz
Off Shore News Links NZART Housekeeping
1. From NZART HQ
Debby says…Reminders for subscription payments will be coming out early next week, please ensure you pay by the 30th November to be eligible for the $10 rebate.
Thank you to those who have donated the rebate to the Association, this is appreciated as it helps us ensure all services NZART offers can continue.
I will be away from next week, so the office will be closed from Monday 4th November until Tuesday 12th.
Talk soon…Debby ZL2DL
2. VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF CONTEST NEWS
Change of Contest Manager: This was decided at the Technology Convention Easter 2013, and Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH who volunteered to take on the job, will be supported by members of the Auckland VHF Group.
The rules for VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF Contests, as administered by the Auckland VHF Group; on behalf of all VHF groups, including all New Zealand radio amateurs and supported by NZART are now on the NZART website http://www.nzart.org.nz/activities/contest-rules/rules-vhf-and-above/
RESULTS-MICROWAVE CONTEST-OCTOBER 2013 BAND STATION POINTS LOCATION CERTIFICATE 23 cm ZL4DK 24 RE54EC *
23 cm Homebrew Transceiver + 17 element Yagi. Operated from home just for fun! No DX but managed to get a surprising number of local Dunedin stations up on 23 cm.
THE NEXT CONTEST
Field Day Contest: All bands 50 MHz and up, on Saturday the 7th and Sunday the 8th of December 2013.
For all contests, the operating periods are 5pm to 11pm on the Saturday, and 7am to 1pm on the Sunday, NZ local time.
All contest logs should be sent, to arrive within two weeks, to VHFcontest@nzart.org.nz
3. Close Down of Channel 1 and Amateur use of 50 to 51 MHz
Further to the item in InfoLine 260, the last Channel 1 Television transmitter is due to close down at the end of November and RSM has advised that from 6th December 2013 onwards (just in time for the annual VHF/UHF/SHF Field Day Contest) Amateurs throughout New Zealand will have access to the bottom end of the 6 metre band (50 to 51 MHz) without needing to apply for a permit.
Note that the management right under which the channel 1 television transmitters operated does not expire until August 2015 so 50 - 51 MHz can not appear on the Amateur General User Radio Licence until after this date. Instead RSM are putting in place licence No 4122 which will say that “Persons who hold a New Zealand General Amateur Operator’s Certificate of Competency and a callsign issued pursuant to the Radiocommunications Regulations 2001 may operate an amateur radio station under this licence”. The power on the licence will be 30 dBW (1 kW) to bring it into line with the power on the General User Radio Licence for Amateur Operators.
When Management Right 47 expires on the 30 August 2015, 50/51 MHz will be added to the General User Radio Licence for Amateur Operators.
Off Shore News Links
• WIA News • ARRL News & Features • RSGB News
• Break-In-Closing Date Reminder: Copy for the Nov/Dec issue of Break-In closes on 10 November 2013. • Copy for Break-In: Copy is welcome in most electronic formats but word.doc files are preferred. Photos and other graphics should be send as separate discrete files (*.jpg preferred); not as embedded pix in the body of the text. Please ensure that suitable descriptive captions/legends are included with your copy. All received copy will be acknowledged to confirm receipt. Thank you for your cooperation. J ohn Walker ZL3IB Editor. • Break-In: Early receipt of copy is much appreciated • Break-In: AREC Column: The close-of-copy date is Thursday 5 November 2013 for articles for publication in the AREC COLUMN OF BREAK-IN. Photos, if available, to be on a separate floppy or CD (with captions), posted DIRECTLY TO US. Use the Call Book address. All other material can go to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com • Next Official Broadcast: - Sunday 24 November • Next HQ-Infoline:- Friday 16 November. Closing date for this post is Thursday 15 November. • Subscribe TO/FROM Infoline
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org