Debby Says…Conference is over for another year and all those who attended seemed to appreciate the great weather, fine food and catching up with one another.
The AGM minutes will be included in the August Break In, however a summary of some of the AGM announcements as advised by ZL1TGC on the Official Broadcast at Conference include:
- Council elected Stuart Watchman, ZL2TW as Vice President for the next two years.
- Subscriptions for 2014 – no change. All subscriptions remain as per 2013 with one exception, Overseas subscription rates will all be $125.00
- Life Membership was awarded to Peter Lake ZL2AZ
- Call book for 2013 will only be produced on CD Rom
- Council will test Skype as a means to hold the monthly Council meeting as the variable propagation on 80m and increasing noise levels is making it difficult to meet on air. Meetings will be recorded and available to download from our web site.
- An initiative by Phil Holliday ZL3PAH on the Future Direction of NZART was presented to the AGM in the form of a strategic plan. More on this to follow in future issues of HQ Info-line.
- If requested, remuneration for Examination Supervisors is the responsibility of the branch to which the examiners represent.
- Don Wallace ZL2TLL has been appointed are IARU R 3 Liaison Officer, with the recent resignation of John Lochhead ZL4QS.
- Mike Newman ZL1BNB is now being assisted in his role of Local Government Liaison Officer, by Douglas Burt ZL1BFS.
- The Council initiated 70cm bandplan review has reached the stage where a draft bandplan has been produced. Doug ZL2TAR from FMTAG has been asked to provide input on the engineering issues.
- A web site re-design is needed and to help with that, Council has identified two requirements: Firstly we need to draw up a specification or a design brief and secondly we need to find someone with good web design skills to take on the task.
- Don Wallace, ZL2TLL, our ALO, advised the meeting that he has appointed John Yaldwyn ZL4JY as his deputy. Council was pleased to confirm this appointment.
- The one remit to this year’s AGM to amend the Constitution regarding the method of voting, was lost, on vote count 1219 against and 411 in favour.
- A special plaque was posthumously awarded to Roy Symon ZL2KH, in recognition of his long service to NZART and unique sense of humour. Frank Hunt ZL2BR received this award and will present to Jill Symon on behalf of NZART.
- ZL1TGC was approached by 4 persons interested in representing the Central Region on Council after resignations were received from ZL2TB and ZL2AMJ. Council will consider who the most suitable candidates are and advise the membership who had been appointed.
- Peter Freeman VK3PF one of the two representatives from WIA gave an inspiring presentation on SOTA, Summits on the Air. This is a UK amateur initiative where points are awarded for contacts made to defined registered summits or prominences. The VK3 area has embraced SOTA resulting in much portable activity occurring, especially on the 40 band.
- Vice President Stuart ZL2TW announced the winner of the stirrer’s award which went to Mike Barnes ZL3TMB.
Another highlight of the weekend, was the examination and subsequent allocation of a call sign to Sharon Dawson ZL1TJU (her late father’s call – Dave Dawson). Sharon is the Managing Director of Icom New Zealand, and who has and continues to support amateurs throughout New Zealand, including NZART.
Talk soon…Debby ZL2DL
IARU HF World Championship
The annual IARU HF World Championship will be held on the weekend of July 13 and 14, 2012.
I am collecting information as to what IARU Headquarters (HQ) stations and IARU Officials (AC, R1, R2 and R3) will be QRV during the contest. Can you please supply me with the callsign that will be used, the list of operators if possible, the QSL information, the IARU abbreviation (i.e. ARRL) and any other details you see of interest. This information will be published in The Daily DX and The Weekly DX.
In addition if you have any DX news in the future please let me know.
Break-In-Closing Date Reminder: Copy for the May/June issue of Break-In-closes on 10 July 2013.
Copy for Break-In: Copy is welcome in most electronic formats but word.doc files are preferred. Photos and other graphics should be send as separate discrete files (*.jpg preferred); not as embedded pix in the body of the text. Please ensure that suitable descriptive captions/legends are included with your copy. All received copy will be acknowledged to confirm receipt. Thank you for your cooperation. John Walker ZL3IB Editor.
Break-In: Early receipt of copy is much appreciated
Break-In-AREC Column: The close-of-copy date is the 5 July 2013 for articles for publication in the AREC COLUMN OF BREAK-IN. Photos, if available, to be on a separate floppy or CD (with captions), posted DIRECTLY TO US. Use the Call Book address. All other material can go to e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail email@example.com