Council Present: ZL1TAJ Neill Ellis, ZL2IK Peter Mulhare, ZL1BXA Howard Buxton
ZL2YSL Scott Jackson, ZL3TNT Ann Fraser, ZL4XYZ Phill Dodds,
ZL3PAH Phil Holliday, ZL4LDY Dave Allen
Minute Secretary: ZL2LS Topsy Scott
ZL3DMC Don MacDonald
06/3 Confirmation of Minutes 2 October 2018 Confirmed
06/4 Additional Agenda Items
06/5 Action points
Action Points Council meeting Monday F/F Rotorua 2017
01) ZL1TAJ/ZL1UD former Councillor, to rewrite Councillors handbook.
ZL1UD removed from this Action Point
Action Points Council meeting September 2017
1) Council/ ZL2TW to consider and discuss NZART involvement in the AREC Governance Review. Deferred to Friday Council meeting, New Plymouth
Action Points Council meeting February 2018
1) ZL4XYZ Advertising with other organizations, prepare advert and circulate to Council. Next magazine to go into is the Motor Home association Complete
Action Points Council meeting Friday F/F June 2018
02) ZL2IK to trial reducing font size to include repeater maps in the book. To be completed by September. A PDF of the call book branch listings will be sent around Council for cross checking. Complete
03) ZL2TLL/ZL3PAH to seek update from RSM on 60-meter permanent allocation.
Guide for new operator’s booklet actions by Council
01) ZL2YSL offered to get quote for printing.
02) ZL2TW suggested reviewing old call books for information to be used.
03) ZL2DL to coordinate the piecing together of an introductory booklet with ZL2YSL, ZL4XYZ, ZL1TAJ, ZL2IK.
04) ZL2DL to approach, Warren Harris. Kelvin Barnsdale, Ralph/Rosemary Boshier, Richard Smart, David Walker for input to the booklet.
05) ZL1TAJ to undertake Repeater Booklet be included on the web page.
The above 5 actions will remain on hold whilePhil ZL3PAH and Scott ZL2YSL work together on a list of topics for the book then can move forward with this.
A/P Council to examine proposed contents list for this booklet from ZL3PAH
Action Points Council meeting July 2018
01) ZL2IK to report on progress with branches re charitable status and premium payable for PL insurance to include on association policy.
All information has been received from the relevant Branches and has been sent off to the insurance company, now waiting to hear back.
06/6 Confirmation of New Members October 2018 Approved
06/7 Finance October 2018
b) Actuals versus Forecast Approved
06/08 Monthly Reports
a) QSL Report
b) LGLO Report
c) AREC Financials. Approved
06/09 Officer Liaison update of appointments
A/P ZL3TNT to contact Debby to obtain necessary information to undertake the task of Officer appointments.
6/10 South Wairarapa Br Letter
South Wairarapa Branch requests further investigation into connecting the amateur radio examination with secondary schools’ syllabus.
ZL2TW to include in his Presidents Column in the next Break In.
A/P ZL2TW to report back any comments received from his Presidents article regarding the amateur radio exam inclusion in secondary schools’ syllabus
06/11 Youth Officer Position
Council have approved the appointment of Xenia Berger ZL4YL as NZART Youth Officer. ZL3PAH to liaise with her re this
06/12 DATV 25
Council has been contacted asking for an update on progress for the Wellington test which commenced early 2012.
ZL2TW to contact Branch 74 and to also liaise with ALO Don Wallace. Council is considering setting a time line on this.
A/P ZL2TW to report back any updates provided by the ALO and ZL2TAR on the DATV 25 testing in Wellington.
06/13 NZART Licensing Authority guidelines for inverted 70cm Repeaters
Guidelines have been agreed with RSM around the NZART LA approving licences for inverted repeaters that have proximity to parked vehicles. This is to prevent the repeater output signal from blocking car door openers.
06/14 Call Book Covers
ZL2IK, Call book editor, is requesting help with some pictures to be used on the call book front cover. ZL2IK will contact recent branches who held Ham Cram courses for photo content.
06/15 Leave of Absence
Neil Ellis reminded all that he will not be at the AGM in June 2019
06/16 Information Papers
Report on the Wellington Make Fair November 4 by ZL4XYZ
A good day was had by all who attended, with many people attending the stand.
There were a good number of people to follow up with. These contacts have been sent to the branches concerned for them to follow up and make contact.
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail email@example.com