02/1 Roll Call
Chairman: ZL2TW Stuart Watchman
Council Present: ZL1TAJ Neill Ellis, ZL1BXA Howard Buxton, ZL2IK Peter Mulhare
ZL4XYZ Phill Dodds, ZL2YSL Scott Jackson, ZL3TNT Ann Fraser
ZL4LDY Dave Allen
Minute Secretary: ZL1BXA Howard Buxton
ZL3PAH Phil Holliday, ZL3DMC Don MacDonald
02/3 Confirmation of Minutes Monday F/F June 2018 Approved
02/4 Additional Agenda Items
02/09 President Away
02/10 Makers Faire
02/11 Public Liability Insurance
02/5 Action points
Action Points Council Friday face to face meeting June 2016
10) ZL2TW Re-establish charitable status of AREC SAR Trust – Caravel. Still waiting to hear from Charities Commission Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting Monday F/F Rotorua 2017
01) ZL1TAJ/ZL1UD former Councillor, to rewrite Councillors handbook. Nil Progress
Action Points Council meeting September 2017
1) ZL2TW/AREC Governance Review Update Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting February 2018
1) ZL4XYZ Advertising with other organizations, prepare advert and circulate to Council. Papers prepared and written for 4 Wheel Drive Club, Caravan Club and Military Club Progressing
Action Points Council meeting Friday F/F June 2018
01) ZL2DL Include on invoice an extra line for donations. Ongoing
02) ZL2IK to trial reducing font size to include repeater maps in the book. To be completed by September. Progressing
03) ZL2TLL/ZL3PAH to seek update from RSM on 60 meter permanent allocation. ZL3PAH still currently away, so will be completed on his return. Ongoing
04) ZL2TW/ZL2DL to discuss timings of HQIL circulation with ZL3DMC. Complete
05) ZL2TW to raise interest in AREC at branch level in his Break In Column Has been placed in Presidents column and HQ Infoline. Complete
06) Evan/ZL3PAH/ZL2DL to resolve issues with HQ database so membership details can be added to a protected area of the website ASAP. Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting Monday F/F June 2018
01) Evan/ZL2DL to make changes to the Constitution and upload to the Companies register. Just awaiting 3rd signatory, otherwise complete. Completed
Guide for new operator’s booklet actions by Council
01) ZL2YSL offered to get quote for printing.
02) ZL2TW suggested to review old call books for information to be used.
03) ZL2DL to coordinate the piecing together of an introductory booklet with ZL2YSL, ZL4XYZ, ZL1TAJ, ZL2IK.
04) ZL2DL to approach, Warren Harris. Kelvin Barnsdale, Ralph/Rosemary Boshier, Richard Smart, David Walker for input to the booklet.
05) ZL1TAJ to undertake Repeater Booklet be included on the web page.
The above action points are all ongoing pending special issue of Break In.
Actions to be undertaken by Council for special Break In October 2018 to include material for promoting amateur radio/examinations by 10 September 2018
01) ZL2TW Check with Break In Editor availability of the issue to include a special. BI Editor confirmed this was okay. Complete
02) ZL2IK contact Hawkes Bay/Whangarei branches to document success stories of Ham Cram courses.
Dave is contacting ZL4DK Progressing
03) ZL4LDY to approach ZL4DK on How to Run a Ham Cram Course. Ref above action point.
04) ZL3DMC How to recruit candidates for Ham Cram courses
Target markets – young/hobbyists/empty nesters/non-association members. Ongoing
05) ZL2TW/AREC source of new amateurs. Working on it. Progressing
06) ZL2TW in Presidents Column (reminder what can you do for the association)
07) ZL2DL Engage national training manager’s input, what is needed – in branches etc. Debby has contacted Warren. Progressing
08) ZL2TW What can NZART HQ do for you? Break In Column Started
09) ZL2AJ SOTA. Phill ZL4XYZ to contact Warren Progressing
10) ZL2TW Encourage Ham Cram courses in BI & HQIL. 3/4 above. Deleted
11) ZL4XYZ/ZL3PAH find information on the Buildathon project run by David Searle.
12) ZL2IK/ZL3TNT/ZL2YSL Retention of new amateurs from courses. Ongoing
13) ZL1TAJ to find information on what can we all do to encourage potential new
Keeping Club rooms tidy and informative
Our own physical appearance
Advertising local frequencies in regions on farm fences
Greeters at branches.
Neill is working on this. Ongoing
02/6 Confirmation of New Members June 2018 Approved
02/7 Finance June 2018
b) Actuals versus Forecast Approved
02/08 Monthly Reports
a) QSL Bureau Report
b) LGLO Report Approved
02/09 ZL2TW out of country
ZL1TAJ Neill Ellis to act as Deputy while ZL2TW/ZL3PAH out of country until 20 July.
02/10 Makers Faire Group Day.
ZL4XYZ/ZL2YSL looking at amateur radio involvement in Faire in Wellington November 4th and will report back to the next meeting. This will require work from Wellington Branches.
02/11 Public Liability Insurance.
ZL2IK reported there are now 8 branches registered for Charitable status.
Kapiti branch has their own PL, Gisborne to cease being as charitable. Peter to write to the other 8 branches and update them with progress and solutions, so that a quote for premiums can be obtained.
Peter issued 2 PL certificates to Auckland branches requesting same for Auckland Council ‘landlord’.
ZL1BXA will be away overseas 5/8 – 28/9
02/14 Information Papers