Council Present: ZL1TAJ Neill Ellis, ZL1BXA Howard Buxton, ZL2IK Peter Mulhare
ZL4XYZ Phill Dodds,
ZL3PAH Phil Holliday, ZL3DMC Don MacDonald, ZL4LDY Dave Allen
Minute Secretary: ZL3PAH Phil Holliday
07/2 Apologies ZL2YSL Scott Jackson, ZL3TNT Ann Fraser
07/3 Confirmation of Minutes 6 November 2018 Confirmed
07/4 Additional Agenda Items
7/13 AREC Payment for HQ work
07/5 Action points
Action Points Council meeting Monday F/F Rotorua 2017
01) ZL1TAJ, to rewrite Councillors handbook. Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting September 2017
1) Council/ ZL2TW to consider and discuss NZART involvement in the AREC Governance Review. Deferred to Friday Council meeting, New Plymouth
Action Points Council meeting Friday F/F June 2018
03) ZL2TLL/ZL3PAH to seek update from RSM on 60-meter permanent allocation.
The trial period has been extended six months, defer to Friday Council meeting at New Plymouth
Guide for new operator’s booklet actions by Council
01) ZL2YSL offered to get quote for printing.
02) ZL2TW suggested reviewing old call books for information to be used.
03) ZL2DL to coordinate the piecing together of an introductory booklet with ZL2YSL, ZL4XYZ, ZL1TAJ, ZL2IK.
04) ZL2DL to approach, Warren Harris. Kelvin Barnsdale, Ralph/Rosemary Boshier, Richard Smart, David Walker for input to the booklet.
05) ZL1TAJ to undertake Repeater Booklet be included on the web page.
On Hold awaiting Phil ZL3PAH and Scott ZL2YSL to prepare a list of topics for the book
Council to examine proposed contents list for this booklet from ZL3PAH – Has been received by Council – no comments received – to be re-circulated Council needs to get on with this! Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting July 2018
01) ZL2IK to report on progress with branches re charitable status and premium payable for PL insurance to include on association policy.
A reply has been received from the insurance company. Thecost of providing insurance for branches with charitable status is high at an extra $525 per branch over and above the existing annual premium. ZL2TW will prepare a letter with ZL2IK to circulate to affected branches with the options, including changing to ‘not for profit’ which removes this problem and still allows the first $1000 of annual earnings to be tax free. Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting November 2018
01) ZL3TNT to contact Debby to obtain necessary information to undertake the task of Officer appointments. Ongoing
02) ZL2TW to report back any comments received from his Presidents article regarding the amateur radio exam inclusion in secondary schools’ syllabus - This Break-In is just arriving now Ongoing
03) ZL2TW to report back any updates provided by the ALO and ZL2TAR on the DATV 25 testing in Wellington. Ongoing
07/6 Confirmation of New Members November 2018 Confirmed
07/7 Finance November 2018
b) Actuals versus Forecast Approved
07/08 Monthly Reports
a) LGLO Report Dec 2018 Accepted
07/09 Wellington VHF Constitution amendment
Approved earlier this month by e mail and the Branch 74 secretary notified
ZL4LDY queried why HQ Infoline is distributed to non-members. ZL3DMC confirmed that this is the case. It does appear on the website open to all, as per the OB and it would be quite an effort to scan the e mail distribution and check membership status.
ZL1TAJ needs direct access to the website to update repeater etc. maps.
ZL3PAH to contact webmaster to ask for access for ZL2TAJ to update repeater maps.
07/13 AREC Payment/Caravel Trust
ZL2TW notes that the Caravel report last year into AREC suggested a $4000 p.a. payment to NZART from the NZART-AREC emergency trust in recognition of existing support work by HQ for AREC. This has been discussed with the AREC management group at Mosgiel this year. In order to meet the NZART financial year deadline of 31 December Debby will invoice AREC for this sum.
07/15 Leave of Absence
07/16 Information Papers
Meeting closed at 20:13, next meeting 5 February, there is no meeting in January.
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail email@example.com