Held via Skype on Tuesday 7th February 2017 at 1930 hrs.
08/1 Roll Call
Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ, Howard Buxton ZL1BXA
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phill Dodds ZL4XYZ
Don MacDonald ZL3DMC Phil Holiday ZL3PAH
Alex Gordon ZL4ARG
Topsy Scott ZL2LS
08/3 Minutes of Council meeting December 2016
08/4 Additional Agenda Items
Refer 08/17 Remit from Debby Re nominations
08/5 Action Points
Action Points Council July meeting 2015
1) ZL2TW - DATV WN VHF Group Ch 25 DATV test progress.
Following a meeting between NZART & RSM a new license will be issued.
Action Points Council March meeting 2016
1) ZL3PAH New NZART Web Site update
Progressing well including: Branch details have been rewritten and data collected
New test server is in place
Action Points Council Friday face to face meeting June 2016
07) ZL2TW to apply to the Charities Commission, for charitable status.
Approval has been given by the Charities Commission, but Council need to write a remit to
change the Constitution at Conference in Rotorua in 2017.
Additional A/P ZL2TW and ZL2UDF*
New draft written and this has gone back to Charities Commission with a requested small change of wording e.g. using the term ‘association’ rather than ‘organisation’ and ‘assets’ rather than ‘property’.
08) ZL2TW/ZL2DL/ZL3DMC questions and regulations to be updated and forwarded to RSM for approval. Complete
The next stage is updating the examination software.
09) ZL2TW Bank account signatories to be updated on AREC Trust account ZL2TW is automatically a trustee being President according to the trust document. Westpac Masterton has been sent a copy of Break In and a copy of the trust document to provide proof. This has been accepted and has now been made a signatory. ZL1VH has been removed as a signatory.
10) Reestablish charitable status of AREC SAR Trust and replace ZL1VH with ZL2TW as a trustee as soon as possible. Council has requested that ZL2TW take over this from
A/P: ZL2TW will now start to work on this now that banking has been sorted as above. Ongoing
11) ZL3VP/Evan/ZL3DMC to ensure register of all assets of AREC completed before next audit review. Council has requested ZL3DMC to seek a timeline re this from ZL3VP
Action Points Council Monday face to face meeting June 2016
5) ZL2TW/ZL2DL to write to branches encouraging membership at a reduced rate to all those who did not take up the special promo offer. Details will be shortly circulated among Council.
Action Points Council meeting December 2016
1) ZL4XYZ to contact John Lockhead to inform him of council’s decision re IARU Liaison Officer position Complete
2) ZL3DMC with be in touch with the Awards Manager regarding Napier branch remit and to report back. Deadline for this is 10th March for Break-In
08/6 Confirmation of New Members December/January
08/7 Monthly Financials December 2016 January 2017
a) Payments: ZL2TW to clarify reimbursement payment not taxed with Debby
Council is interested this idea, but need to look into this and work on it A/P ZL2UDF and ZL1TAJ has offered to look into this and report back for the next meeting.
08/11 WIA invitation to conference
Traditionally invite one delegate to attend our annual Conference. Council approved A/P ZL2DL Debby to send invitation for one WIA rep to attend conference.
08/14 Formation of Waiheke Island Branch
An application has been received to form a branch.
Council feels that the application is compatible as per the constitution: 7.1(b) in that there is no other branch that easily serves the island (difficulty getting to meetings especially) and that formation of the branch will not weaken other branches in the area.
Once a signed application as per 7.1(a) has been received the application will be approved.
A/P ZL2DL to request the application as above (requiring 5 or more NZART members signatures)
08/15 Application for Examination Supervisor
Hamilton Branch – Gavin Petrie ZL1GWP (member) Council Approved
A/P ZL1PK to notify Gavin re council’s approval of Examination Supervisor
Debby Morgan has suggested a change to Schedule A section 1 of the constitution:
At present electronic nominations for Executive Council and President cannot be received electronically which is now out of date. It also requires mail at headquarters to be cleared on 1 January which being a public holiday can be awkward.
Debby’s proposed remit was discussed and ZL3PAH will circulate a modified version to council. This will allow electronic nominations and require the headquarters mail to be cleared on the first working day after 1 January.
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail email@example.com