Held via Skype, on Tuesday 6 September 2016 2016 at 1930 hrs
04/1 Roll Call Chairman: Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Council: Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ, Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phil Dodds ZL4XYZ, Phil Holliday ZLZL3PAH, Don MacDonald ZL3DMC, Alex Gordon ZL4ARG
Minute Sec: Topsy Scott ZL2LS
04/2 Apologies Howard Buxton ZL1BXA
04/3 Minutes of Council meeting August 2016 Approved 04/4 Additional Agenda Items Nil
04/5 Action Points Action Points Council July meeting 2015 01) ZL2TW - DATV WN VHF Group Ch 25 DATV test progress. Test licence currently under re-negotiation. A comprehensive submission has been made to RSM putting the case for a further test licence.
Action Points Council March meeting 2016 01) ZL3PAH New NZART Web Site update Progress has been made but due to unavoidable circumstances has been slower than desired. The project timeline is being updated. Ongoing
Action Points Council Friday face to face meeting June 2016 1) ZL2TLL/ZL2DL to arrange a meeting with RSM to determine a way of tidying SMART records. (resulting from membership promotion) By end of August. Complete
06) ZL2TW Write to other offer received re legal advisor thanking them for their offer. Complete
07) ZL2TW to apply to the Charities Commission, for charitable status by 5 July 2016. A Submission has been made and awaiting a response. Ongoing
08) ZL2TW/ZL2DL will undertake corrections of two questions in the regulations section of the database. To liaise with ZL2AJ and copy ZL2TLL with the updates.
Input from ZL2TLL has be gained and ZL3DMC has taken this over with the assistance of two amateurs from Christchurch (convened following a request at conference) who are experienced with conducting examinations. Six questions have been updated and will be passed onto the RSM via our ARX for approval.
A plan has been presented to council by the working group to then review the question bank as per the 2015 remit. A/P ZL3DMC to send to Debby Ongoing
09) ZL2TW Bank account signatories to be updated on AREC Trust account This is on hold until ZL2TW becomes a trustee, see AP below Ongoing
10) Reestablish charitable status of AREC SAR Trust and replace ZL1VH with ZL2TW as a trustee as soon as possible. Being dealt with by ZL1VH and progressing slowly with Charities Commission. Ongoing
11) ZL3VP/Evan/ZL3DMC to ensure register of all assets of AREC completed before next audit review. ZL3DMC to ensure Gareth completes an asset register within the next two months. Also remind AREC to advise branches of insurance cover for their AREC funded radios. ZL3DMC is working with ZL3VP on this matter and progress is being made. Ongoing
Action Points Council Monday face to face meeting June 2016 02) ZL2TW contact ZL2UFI regarding CD Rom production costs. Complete
03) ZL2TW/Evan to further investigate computer upgrade and associated costs ZL1PK has taken over working with Evan Sayer. The proposal from Evan has been accepted with a fine tuning of the back up required. Ongoing
04) ZL2DL to coordinate the process of reviewing the question bank and report to Council monthly. To remove and refer to item 8 as above
05) ZL2TW to circulate to council a proposal regarding preparing a branch circular, for non-members who did not receive a letter with the promo and encourage them to join. Sub price to be set. By October when reminder notices go out. A/P ZL2TW will now take this up with Debby at the appropriate time
Action Points Council August 2016 01) ZL2TW/ZL2DL to arrange for new insurance cover with company advised by Howard ZL1BXA ZL2TW will update this in the Presidents column in the next Break In. Complete
04/6 Confirmation of New Members September 2016 Confirmed
04/7 Monthly Financials September 2016 a) Payments b) Actuals v Budget Approved 04/8 Monthly Reports a) AREC Financial report -emailed b) QSL Bureau Report 2016 c) LGLO report Approved
04/9 Electronic Break In for visually impaired members This will be handed back to Mark Gooding Break-In Editor to sort out and request that Mark ask for an agreement with those who receive the PDF Break- not to pass it on.
04/10 IARU representative for NZART Council has resolved to get Phil Dodds ZL4XYZ in place during 2017 to replace our current temporary representative John Lochead ZL4QS.
04/11 Request for membership donation – Manawatu Branch (For an equipment sale raffle) Moved that NZART offer a reduced subscription (the recent promotion rate) for membership of $50.00 instead of a free membership Alex ZL4ARG, second Malcolm ZL2UDF Carried 04/12
04/13 . 03/14 Leave of Absence Next meeting to be shifted to 11th October Due to three absences
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail email@example.com