Held via Skype on Tuesday 6th December 2016 at 1930 hrs.
07/1 Roll Call
Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ, Howard Buxton ZL1BXA
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phill Dodds ZL4XYZ
Don MacDonald ZL3DMC Phil Holiday ZL3PAH
Alex Gordon ZL4ARG
Topsy Scott ZL2LS
07/3 Minutes of Council meeting November 2016
07/4 Additional Agenda Items
07/5 Action Points
Action Points Council July meeting 2015
1) ZL2TW - DATV WN VHF Group Ch 25 DATV test progress.
Following a meeting at between NZART & RSM a new license will be issued.
Final issuing of the test licence is awaiting RSM advice from the PSRFMG (public service radio frequency management group) that governs access to the emergency services bands, one of which (ESC) is immediately below channel 25. Ongoing
Action Points Council March meeting 2016
1) ZL3PAH New NZART Web Site update
Update was given to council by Phil ZL3PAH. Progress is being made on this. Ongoing
Action Points Council Friday face to face meeting June 2016
07) ZL2TW to apply to the Charities Commission, for charitable status.
Approval has been given by the Charities Commission, but Council need to write a remit to change the Constitution at Conference in Rotorua in 2017
A/P ZL2TW and ZL2UDF are to sort this remit out ready for approval.
Full details of the changes needed, will be in the President’s column in Nov-Dec Break-In. Ongoing
08) ZL2TW/ZL2DL/ZL3DMC questions and regulations to be updated and forwarded to RSM for approval.
A small request has been made by RSM . This has been met and the Question bank will be sent back to RSM for final approval. Ongoing
09) ZL2TW Bank account signatories to be updated on AREC Trust account
This is on hold until ZL2TW becomes a trustee, see AP below On Hold
10) Reestablish charitable status of AREC SAR Trust and replace ZL1VH with ZL2TW as a trustee as soon as possible. Council has requested that ZL2TW take over this from ZL1VH. Ongoing
11) ZL3VP/Evan/ZL3DMC to ensure register of all assets of AREC completed before next audit review.
A/P ZL3DMC to speak with ZL3VP regarding this and to report back to ZL2TW before meeting with Jeff Sayer next week. Ongoing
Action Points Council Monday face to face meeting June 2016
5) ZL2TW/ZL2DL to write to branches encouraging membership at a reduced rate to all those who did not take up the special promo offer. Deferred until February.
This is to be deferred until early 2017 as per discussion with Debby which will make the offer more timely.
Action Points Council meeting October 2016
1) ZL3PAH/ZL2TW to consider potential lease options and advise Council ASAP on best one going forward. A search for alternative accommodation in the Upper Hutt area has been carried out due to impending unfavourable changes to the existing lease which was up for renewal. The final version of the new lease at the existing headquarters office is quite acceptable and has been signed so no move is needed.
07/6 Confirmation of New Members November 2016
07/7 Monthly Financials November 2016
b) Actuals v Budget Approved
07/8 Monthly Reports
QSL Bureau Report Tabled
07/9 IARU Liaison Officer appointment
Moved that Phill Dodds become the IARU Liaison Officer
ZL4ARG / ZL3DMC Approved
A/P Phil Dodds to contact John Lockhead to inform him of council’s decision
07/10 Request for Constitution amendment – Wellington VHF Group
Zl1PK moved that this be accepted. ZL1TAJ seconded this
A/P ZL2TW to email the branch secretary, Rob Wallace to notify him of Councils approval.
07/11 Napier Branch 25 Remit
A/P ZL3DMC with be in touch with the Awards Manager and to report back.
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail email@example.com