9/1 Roll Call
Chairman: Vaughan Henderson ZL1VH
Council: Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH, Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ,
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phill Dodds ZL4XYZ
Phil Holiday ZL3PAH, Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Terry Thomas ZL4TAE
Minute Sec: Topsy Scott ZL2LS
9/3 Minutes of Council meeting February 2015
Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL3PAH Carried
9/4 Additional Agenda Items
9/5 Action Points
Action Points Monday Meeting of Council Conference 2013
01 ZL3PAH and Finance Sub Committee to review the costs and time involved in ARX
Action Points Council Meeting December 2013
01 ZL1VH, ZL3PAH and ZL2TW to look at Debby’s contract then follow with review, and update job description.
ZL2TW has been co-opted onto this action point now as well Ongoing
Action Points from Special Skype Meeting 15 February 2014
15 ZL1VH to ask ZL2TLL for an evaluation of what he sees as the value that the
Association receives in attending such meetings for IARU.
A/P ZL1VH: To circulate to Council the paper received from Don ZL2TLL
ZL1VH will circulate after council meeting tonight 03/02 Complete
Action Points Council Meeting Friday 30 May 2014 Blenheim
06 ZL1VH to report on the RSM meeting re Silent Keys, Repeater Licensing, unlicensed
operation on amateur bands etc.
Additional A/P ZL1VH to do full report and send out to the Councillors in due course
Zl1VH commented that this will be put together shortly as Don ZL2TLL is back in the country and they can get it sorted Ongoing
Action Points from Meeting Monday 2 June 2014 Blenheim
03: ZL3PAH to write a specification of requirements for an updated NZART web site and circulate to Council. Ongoing
06 ZL1VH to circulate to Council, ZL2TAR’s response regarding FMTAG restructure.
Discussion was held re this and this is to take effect at the completion of this meeting tonight. The full article will be published in the next issue of Break In due out in April.
A/P ZL1VH to inform Doug Ingham, Tony Brown and Steve Fogerty, of this and to inform all that Steve Fogerty will be the team leader
This is to be followed up at the next Skype meeting. Ongoing
Action Points from Meeting July 2014
02 ZL3PAH/ZL1TPH/ZL2TW to work on NZART participation in the WIA
Commemorative Plan for the 2015 ANZAC memorial.
ZL3PAH made comment that he has had no replies form Branches wanted to take this up,
There is not enough interest to fill the call signs that have been allocated at this stage
Action Points from Meeting February 2015
01 ZL1TPH to liaise with Debby ZL2DL to the outstanding reports by next meeting.
Council approved the reports that have been presented and others to be approved at
the March meeting. Complete
02 ZL1VH to contact Warren ZL2AJ regarding the SOTA Manual.
ZL2AJ has been advised that this is not complete and he has acknowledged this and he will get back to Council when he has got something bit more comprehensive Complete
03 ZL1VH to contact Debby to make some small changes to the letter regarding insurance before sending out to branches.
This is looking very much like it will not go ahead as HQ has only had 5 Branches showing interest and they need at least 18 or more, or it is not affordable for Branches.
Debby ZL2DL is following up with all the other Branches that have not replied back.
04 ZL1VH to contact Debby re a corporate credit card this and give her the reasons for the decision. Complete
9/6 Confirmation of New Members February 2015
Moved by ZL1PK 2nd ZL1TAJ Carried
9/7 Monthly Financials February 2015
a) Monthly spreadsheet of payments:
Moved by ZL2TW 2nd by ZL3PAH Carried
b) Actuals versus Budget
c) Treasurers Spreadsheet 2015 budget
Discussion was held re the proposed budget
A/P ZL3PAH to contact the treasurer regarding the accrual donations from 2014 budget.
9/8 Monthly Reports January 2014
a) FMTAG Monthly report - no recommendations this month
b) AREC monthly/Annual financials – sent out via e-mail - ZL3VP
Moved by ZL1TAJ 2nd by ZL2UDF Carried
9/9 Strategic Plan progress update
Reminder to council that the Friday meeting at Conference, progress is needed to be seen from all Councillors
9/10 Copyright Policy
ZL1TPH asked Council for permission to put the Copyright Policy up on the NZART Website. There were no objections from Council. Carried
9/11 Annual reports
1) Presidents Annual Report – ZL1VH
2) AREC ND Annual report – ZL2TFZ – not received
3) Administration Liaison Officer – ZL2TLL
4) HQ Info-line Editor Annual report.
5) Treasurer’s Annual Report – Evan Sayer – not completed
6) Call Book Annual report – ZL3DW
7) LGLO Report – ZL1BFS
All reports have been received and approved by Council, except for the two that have yet to come in.
A/P ZL1TPH to follow up with Debby with regards to these two reports, then circulate to Council for approval before going to be published.
9/12 IARU R 3 Meeting Indonesia October 2015
ZL1VH lead discussion on attendance at this Conference, noted a request for two people to attend and a suggested budget of $7000.00
ZL1TPH suggested that this be moved to the Agenda for the Friday meeting at Conference in June to allow full discussion. Carried
A/P ZL2DL to add to agenda for Friday meeting please
9/13 Examination Supervisor Nelson Branch
ZL2BHF Jim Meachen Nelson Branch
Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL1TAJ
A/P ZL2DL to notify ZL2BHF of council Decision Approved
9/14 Conference 2015
No report given tonight
9/15 VHF/UHF/SHF Record Claim
ZL2MQ – non-member since 2002.
The officer position is still vacant, so can Council record this claim?
Council have no problem with recognizing ZL2MQ’s claim.
A/P ZL1TPH to follow up and get record claim recorded.
9/16 Leave of Absence
ZL2DL 5th March to attend RFUANZ meeting
9/17 General Business
9/18 Information Papers
a) Auckland Unitary Plan Update – ZL1BFS
ZL1VH spoke re this paper.
No further business meeting was closed by the President at 21.25 hrs
On Air Minute secretary