02/1 Roll Call
Chairman: Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Council: Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ, TBA
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phill Dodds ZL4XYZ
Don MacDonald ZL3DMC
Alex Gordon ZL4ARG
Minute Sec: Topsy Scott ZL2LS
Phil Holliday ZL3PAH (Only present until 7.50pm due to connectivity issues) Max Wheatley ZL2MAX (joined at 7.50pm)
02/3 Minutes of Council meeting Monday 01/06/2015
02/4 Additional Agenda Items
2/22 Training DVD’s on You Tube
02/5 Action Points
Action Points Council Meeting December 2013
1 ZL2TW/ZL1PK to look at Debby’s contract then follow with review, and update job
ZL2TW and ZL1PK have gone through Debby’s contract and incorporated the changes that were discussed with Debby by ZL2TW and ZL3PAH and have returned the contract to Debby for her to consider. Ongoing
Action Points from Meeting Monday 2 June 2014 Blenheim
03: ZL3PAH An outline document of the requirements for our updated web site has been written and circulated to Council. Complete
Action Points Council Meeting Friday 29 May 2015
1) ZL2DL to undertake Who’s Who Completed & updated
2) ZL3DMC to approach a possible candidate for a Solicitor
The Candidate who was approached has declined so this position is vacant and we need to keep looking for someone to fill this. Ongoing
3) ZL2UDF to follow up a possible candidate in the area of publicity and
The person contacted is not able to take on this position but is willing to help where he can work with whoever takes this, but his time is limited. Ongoing
4) ZL2MAX consideration of a logo for promotional purposes for NZART. Ongoing
5) ZL2TW to approach a potential trustee for Radio Science Education Trust
One more needed and yet to confirm.
6) Health & Safety legislation needs to be considered – pending legislation,
place on hold. On Hold
7) ZL2TW to contact ZL4TAE regarding ETEC and NZART
Contact has been made, still working through this. Ongoing
Action Points Council Meeting Monday 1 June 2015
1) ZL4XYZ/ZL2UDF/ZL2TW – to report back to Council on progress regarding remit 1
and tapping into resources from branches.
A skype meeting with this group has been held and progress has been made. A Break-In article for July-August is being prepared by the group. Ongoing
2) ZL2UDF to look at windows issues for the examination software.
Malcolm has found it runs on windows 7 and is intermittent on 8.
ZL2TW has contacted ZL1VH: the software is out of date and a re-write in a more modern format needed. ZL1VH is looking into this as he has a contact that could rewrite this.
A/P ZL2TW in contact with ZL1VH regarding an upgrade of the Examination software to Windows 8. Ongoing
3) ZL4ARG/ZL3PAH/ZL3DMC to undertake writing a plan to implement a new website
and report back to Council at next Skype meeting in July.
A/P Alex ZL4ARG will contact a person down south who has done web design previously and who might be able to help, council to look at what he has done previously. Ongoing
4) ZL4XYZ to contact ZL2THE Maree Smolnicki regarding JOTA
ZL4XYZ has written to this person and to date has had no reply. Going to write again and also phone re this. Ongoing
02/6 Confirmation of New Members May/June 2015
02/7 Monthly Financials June 2015
b) Actuals v Budget Accepted Unanimously
02/8 Monthly Reports
a) AREC Financial report – e-mailed 24/06
b) Monitoring Service report – e-mailed 28 April/23 June
c) ELG Report
02/9 Conference 2016
Potential Branch looking at 2016, but awaiting confirmation at time of council meeting.
02/10 Band Planning Group Composition for 9 cm Band Plan
Council has received 4 expressions of interest which may be too many, Council considers all suitable ZL2TW to discuss with Steve ZL2ASF and the successful candidates will be notified.
02/11 Examination Supervisor approvals
Robin Greenfield ZL1TMG, Bruce Patterson ZL1ANT, Allan Walker ZL1AW – Whangarei Br 28
Robin Reeve ZL2FZ Motueka Br 24
Trevor Service ZL4GJ, Steven Alderson ZL1SAD – REG Br 89
Peter Dingley ZL2LF, David Crook ZL2MQ – Hastings/Napier Br 13 & Br 25
Minutes received from branches for all nominees. All are current financial members.
02/12 Security at NZART HQ
Concerns re rear door security at night (lighting) and during the working day, our office is quite remote at the rear of the building.
A/P ZL2TW to write to the building owner re the security issues brought up by the Business Manager.
Door Bell has been purchased (to alert the other building occupant upstairs)
A/P ZL4ARG/ZL2UDF to look into options for simple security camera.
02/13 Call Book
Eighty page limit if we want to remain stapled and keep the cost down
Decision on this needed for Andrew ZL3DW the call book editor asap.
Consultation with Andrew to 'ration' the content
Council settled on 80 pages due to cost. Perhaps repeater info could be accommodated with maps only.
A/P ZL2TW to advise Call Book Compiler of Council’s decision for Call Book 2015/16.
02/14 ELG Council Liaison
Council needs someone to take this on to liaise with the ELG. Neill ZL1TAJ has offered to be the liaison officer for Council.
02/15 ELG Procedures
Steve ZL2ASF from the ELG has requested from council a change to simplify & speed up the licence application process for members. Council agreed that the ELG can get on with changes that streamline operations
02/16 Conference Liaison Officer – ZL2LS
a) Position Description Accepted Unanimously
b) Break In introduction
Accepted for Break-In and ZL2LS to send off to Break In Editor ASAP
02/17 Auckland Branch amendment to Constitution
(To change from an annual audit of the books to a financial review)
A/P ZL2TW to contact other Branches to raise this issue for them to consider changes to club constitution in similar ways.
02/18 Wellington Channel 25 DATV Testing
Council has been approached by other Branches wondering how progress is going with this
A/P ZL2TW is to contact Secretary Rob Wallace asking how is progress
02/19 Release of Council minutes
In order to make the council meeting minutes available to members more rapidly, one solution is after the minutes have been checked by the President and circulated to council by e-mail, to have them appear on the NZART web page: "provisional minutes subject to formal confirmation at the next council meeting”.
Minutes to go on web as provisional pending confirmation at the subsequent meeting
02/20 Break in Filler re amateur database
Need for a small piece that the editor can use with contact details with MBIE etc requesting all members check their details for accuracy.
A/P ZL2UDF to write article for BI before 10th July regarding updating of MBIE database.
02/21 Hibiscus Coast ARC letter received
(Concerning the June/July Presidents column in Break-In)
A/P ZL2TW has contacted ZL1VH to organise a response to this letter to go into Break In
02/22 Northern Region Council Vacancy
A/P ZL2TW is to write to Auckland and North Branches re this council vacancy.
02/23 NZART Training DVD’s on You Tube
A/P Phil ZL4XYZ is going to put these on You Tube, making sure that NZART gets plenty of publicity, (NZART hold the copy write to these)
02/26 Leave of Absence
ZL2DL 18 July – 2 August, actual working days 8.
02/27 General Business
02/28 Information Papers
a) Auckland Unitary Plan update – ZL1BFS going to Break In
b) AREC Action Items – report from Conference
c) Tararua Branch 06 in recess – Stephen Cooper
On Air Minute Secretary