8/1 Roll Call
Chairman: Vaughan Henderson ZL1VH
Council: Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH, Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ,
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phill Dodds ZL4XYZ
Phil Holiday ZL3PAH, Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Minute Sec: Topsy Scott ZL2LS
Terry Thomas ZL4TAE
8/3 Minutes of Council meeting December 2014
Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL1PK Carried
8/4 Additional Agenda Items
8/17 Credit Card .. Corporate Visa for Business Manager
8/5 Action Points
Action Points Monday Meeting of Council Conference 2013
01 ZL3PAH and Finance Sub Committee to review the costs and time involved in ARX
Action Points Council Meeting December 2013
01 ZL1VH and ZL3PAH to look at Debby’s contract then follow with review, and update job description. Ongoing
Action Points from Special Skype Meeting 15 February 2014
15 ZL1VH to ask ZL2TLL for an evaluation of what he sees as the value that the
Association receives in attending such meetings for IARU.
A/P ZL1VH: To circulate to Council the paper received from Don ZL2TLL
ZL1VH will circulate after council meeting tonight 03/02 Ongoing
Action Points Council Meeting Friday 30 May 2014 Blenheim
06 ZL1VH to report on the RSM meeting re Silent Keys, Repeater Licensing, unlicensed
operation on amateur bands etc.
Additional A/P ZL1VH to do full report and send out to the Councillors in due course Ongoing
Action Points from Meeting Monday 2 June 2014 Blenheim
03: ZL3PAH to write a specification of requirements for an updated NZART web site and circulate to Council. Ongoing
06 ZL4TAE – Send a letter to ZL2TAR re FMTAG being reorganized and attach a copy of the restructure policy once complete.
ZL1VH has had a chat with Doug ZL2TAR re FMTAG restructure and he is keen to continue and has invited him to respond and when Doug does ZL1VH will circulate to council. Complete
A/P ZL1VH to circulate to Council, ZL2TAR’s response regarding FMTAG restructure.
Action Points from Meeting July 2014
04: ZL4TAE to follow up on the status of the 9cm beacon application as Council has not approved this and it needs to be resolved and moved to approval.
Council made decision to let the new Band Plan group take over this matter.
02 ZL3PAH/ZL1TPH/ZL2TW to work on NZART participation in the WIA
Commemorative Plan for the 2015 ANZAC memorial.
ZL3PAH spoke re this there will be some activity re this within NZ, call signs all sorted
Action Points from Meeting December 2014
01 ZL1PK report on progress of FMTAG restructure
Draft document has been done and final is ready to be sent away Complete
8/6 Confirmation of New Members December 2014/January 2015
Moved by ZL1TAJ 2nd by ZL1TPH Confirmed
8/7 Monthly Financials December 2014/January 2015
a) Monthly spreadsheet of payments:
Moved by ZL1PK 2nd by ZL2TW Approved
b) Actuals versus Budget
8/8 Monthly Reports January 2014
a) FMTAG Monthly report – ZL2TAR
Moved by ZL1PK 2nd by ZL4XYZ Carried
b) AREC monthly/Annual financials – sent out via e-mail - ZL3VP
c) QSL Bureau report. Dec/Jan – ZL2ATU
d) Monitoring Service report – ZL1GWE
Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by Zl3PAH (B, C D) Carried
8/9 Strategic Plan progress update
Nothing to report on this to date, all need something before the AGM in June
8/10 Remits for AGM
Remit 1 – Christchurch Branch 05 – Working Group for amateur radio in NZ
Remit 2 – Christchurch Branch 05 - Working Group to update Examination Database
Remit 3 – Manawatu Branch 20 – Amendment to Constitution
Classification of remits: Remit 1 and 2 are non-transmitting remits.
Remit three seeks to amend the Constitution and therefore is a Transmitting remit. Also requires a 60% majority to pass. Council decided to put all three remits as received without any Council Comment.
8/11 Annual reports
1) Presidents Annual Report – ZL1VH (Not received)
2) Business Manager’s Annual Report – ZL2DL
3) Examinations Coordinator/ARX Annual Report – ZL2DL
4) AREC ND Annual report – ZL2TFZ
5) FMTAG Annual Report – ZL2TAR
6) Break In Editor – ZL3IB/ZL1TPH
7) QSL Bureau – ZL2ATU
8) Break In Advert Manager – ZL1TPH
9) Monitoring Service – ZL1GWE
10) Official Broadcast – ZL2BHF
11) Awards manager – ZL3GX (Not received)
12) Administration Liaison Officer – ZL2TLL (Not received)
13) HQ Info-line Editor Annual report. (Not received)
14) National Training Officer – No report as this position is vacant.
15) Treasurer’s Annual Report – Evan Sayer (not available yet)
16) Call Book Annual report – ZL3DW (Not received)
A/P ZL1TPH to liaise with Debby ZL2DL to the outstanding reports by next meeting.
Council approved the reports that have been presented and others to be approved at
the March meeting. Moved by ZL3PAH 2nd ZL2UDF Carried
8/12 Annual Accounts Draft
a) Draft Annual Accounts
b) Actuals versus budget for Jan/Feb
(Not yet available) Noted
8/13 SOTA Draft Manual – ZL2AJ sent via e-mail
Council required more information and continue to encourage this to be completed and bring back to council before council approval.
A/P ZL1VH to contact Warren ZL2AJ re this.
8/14 Awards Nominations
Council was pleased to receive a nomination from Auckland branch for Young Amateur of the year. This will be presented at the AGM in June.
8/15 Conference 2015
ZL1PK gave a brief report saying that all is going well, and the Conference Committee is working on the alternative program at this stage and he expects it will come together on time.
8/16 Public Liability Insurance for Branches – draft letter
The insurers have given us until 1 March to confirm that we will accept this, so this letter needs to go to branches ASAP.
A/P ZL1VH to contact Debby re this to make some small changes before sending out to branches concerned.
8/17 Corporate Credit Card for Business Manager
Discussion was had re this amongst the Councillors and was decided not to go with this and to carry on as working now, and ZL2DL’s credit card to credited back asap if she uses it, or Malcolm ZL2UDF has offered the use of his Credit card if needed. ZL1VH and ZL2TW have also offered their cards for used should the need arise.
A/P ZL1VH to contact Debby re this and give her the reasons for the decision.
8/18 Leave of Absence
Topsy ZL2LS, at short notice but will contact someone to do the minutes for the night.
ZL1TAJ will not be at Conference in June
ZL1VH could possibly be away for some period this month, or maybe March.
8/19 General Business
John Yaldwin ZL4JY’s report on use of DMR repeaters and equipment by AREC was discussed.
8/20 Information Papers
a) WRC-15 Agenda item 1.4 – IARU R 3
Don Wallace has exchanged emails with the RSM re this.
b) Wellington VHF Group Convention – ZL2WAL
This was noted and maybe one Councillor from the area will attend.
No further discussion meeting was closed at 21.55 hrs by President.
Topsy Scott ZL2LS
On Air Minute Secretary