Council: Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phill Dodds ZL4XYZ,Don MacDonald ZL3DMC, Phil Holliday ZL3PAH
Minute Sec: Topsy Scott ZL2LS
ZL4ARG Alex Gordon
ZL2MAX Max Wheatley
03/3 Minutes of Council meeting July 07/07/2015
03/4 Additional Agenda Items
03/5 Action Points
Action Points Council Meeting December 2013
1 ZL2TW/ZL1PK to look at Debby’s contract then follow with review, and update job description.
Contract has been handed to Debby for her consideration
Action Points Council Meeting Friday 29 May 2015
1) ZL2MAX consideration of a logo for promotional purposes for NZART. Ongoing
2) ZL2TW to approach a potential trustee for Radio Science Education Trust
ZL2TW has sent emails out to potential people and is now waiting for responses Ongoing
3) ZL2TW to contact ZL4TAE regarding ETEC and NZART
Pending further discussion with ZL4TAE Ongoing
Action Points Council Meeting Monday 1 June 2015
1) ZL4XYZ/ZL2UDF/ZL2TW – to report back to Council on progress regarding remit 1
and tapping into resources from branches. Ongoing
2) ZL2UDF to look at windows issues for the examination software.
Additional A/P ZL2TW to contact with ZL1VH regarding an upgrade of the Examination software to Windows 8.
Council is waiting to hear back from ZL1VH re this Ongoing
3) ZL4ARG/ZL3PAH/ZL3DMC to undertake writing a plan to implement a new website
and report back to Council at next Skype meeting in July.
Additional A/P Alex ZL4ARG will contact a person down south who has done web design previously and who might be able to help, council to look at what he has done previously.
Due to Alex’s absence ZL3PAH will be contacting him later this week. Ongoing
4) ZL4XYZ to contact ZL2THE Maree Smolnicki regarding JOTA Complete
Action Points Council July meeting 2015
01) ZL2TW to write to the building owner re the security issues brought up by the Business Manager.
02) ZL4ARG/ZL2UDF to look into options for simple security camera at HQ.
A/P ZL2UDF: is to visit Debby and see where the camera is to go.
03) ZL2TW to advise Call Book Compiler of Council’s decision to go with an 80 page Call Book 2015/16. (Andrew will advise how many pages are spare once he receives the callsign files from the RSM) Complete
04) Branch constitution changes: ZL2TW to contact Branches suggesting they change their constitution from requiring an audit to a review of their finances.
(This was mentioned in the last Presidents column)
05) DATV WN VHF Group Ch 25 DATV Test
ZL2TW is to contact Secretary Rob Wallace asking how is progress.
ZL2TW has received a response giving an update up on progress to date but future plans were not mentioned, a further message has been sent re this.
ZL2TW will send a further reminder if necessary
06) Hibiscus Coast Branch: (Concerning the May/June Presidents column in Break-In) ZL2TW has contacted ZL1VH to organise a response to this letter to go into Break In, this did not make it into the July/August
A/P ZL3PAH will chase this.
07) Northern Region Council Vacancy: ZL2TW is to write to Northern region branches re this council vacancy. Complete
(Council has received one firm expression of interest but awaiting any results from a the letter above sent to all branches in the region earlier in July)
08) ZL4XYZ to put training DVD’s on You Tube, ensuring NZART receives publicity.
Progress is happening re this, it takes some time to upload each DVD Ongoing
03/6 Confirmation of New Members July 2015
02/7 Monthly Financials July 2015
b) Actuals v Budget Approved
03/8 Monthly Reports
a) AREC Financial report Accepted
03/9 SHRAK Entry Region 1 IARU Vote
NZART has received via the ALO a proposal from Region 1, that SHRAK, the Kosovo Amateur Radio Society be admitted to membership of the IARU.
Approved by Council
A/P ZL2TW to let Don Wallace know the voting decision
03/10 Vacancies for Solicitor and Marketing Officer
Solicitor, Publicity & Marketing Officer.
Council to keep advertising and looking for someone re these positions
03/11 Linked In
Peter ZL1UPB has brought to Councils attention that NZART had a confused linked in profile and has offered to work on this.
Council decided that NZART does not need a presence on linked in.
A/P ZL2TW: to reply to Peter Bennett ZL1UPB informing him of this decision
03/12 Presidents Column & Official Broadcast
ZL2TW invites Council to feel free to make suggestions re items to be included.
03/13 Infoline Editor Notice of Retirement
Mike Bull has notified council that he wants to step down from this position by the end of October. The replacement can be a councillor or someone from outside of council
ZL2TW to advertise for a replacement
03/14 NZART Simplified Strategy
Phil ZL3PAH tabled a simplified NZART strategy.
03/15 Auckland City Plan
An excellent job has been done by Doug and his team.
ZL1PK will be the Council liaison person for the local government liaison officer
03/20 Leave of Absence
03/21 General Business
03/22 Information Papers
E-mail from Warren ZL2AJ re law change and volunteer workers
Linked In information from ZL1UPB
Simplified strategy from ZL3PAH
Conference 2016 Update
Topsy ZL2LS Conference Coordinator gave a brief update on the 2016 conference being held in Christchurch by Branch 05.
Still looking at venues but the venue looking like to be the Hornby Workings men’s Club
Possible dates to be Queens Birthday at this stage.
ZL3DMC is also on the conference committee.
More information will be given out as it comes to hand.
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail email@example.com