Monday 2nd June 2014 held in the Chart room of the Scenic Hotel Marlborough commencing 8:30am
1/1 Roll Call
Chairman: Vaughan Henderson ZL1VH Secretary: Debby Morgan ZL2DL
Council: Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH, Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ
Warren Harris ZL2AJ, Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF
Stuart Watchman ZL2TW, Phil Holliday ZL3PAH
Terry Thomas ZL4TAE
1/2 Minutes of Council meeting Friday F/F Blenheim 30 May 2014
Moved ZL1TPH Seconded ZL2AJ Carried
1/3 Action Points
Action Points Monday Meeting of Council Conference 2013
01 ZL3PAH and Finance Sub Committee to review the costs and time
involved in ARX duties. Ongoing
Action: ZL4TAE reported on Finance sub-committee meeting and will prepare minutes and circulate to Council.
Action Points Council Meeting December 2013
01 ZL1VH and ZL3PAH to look at Debby’s contract then follow with review, and job description. Ongoing
Additional AP ZL1VH to forward performance review form with Debby’s contract to ZL3PAH. Ongoing
Action Points from Special Skype Meeting 15 February 2014
02 ZL1VH will continue to advertise in Break In and HQ Info-line for a permanent Editor for Break-In. Ongoing
15 ZL1VH to ask ZL2TLL for an evaluation of what he sees as the value that
the Association receives in attending such meetings for IARU.
Report from IARUcommittee meeting Sunday 1 June 2014. Council request that
ZL3QL & ZL2TLL advise benefits to members for continuation of attendance at
IARU R 3 conferences. Ongoing
Action Points Council Meeting Friday 30 May 2014 Blenheim
01 ZL1VH will advise branches that it is now compulsory they return all
repeaters and beacons licenses to their own name, being financially responsible for them.
Branch 28 very concerned that this will not be paid due to in house issues.
Write to branches and include instructions on how this can be managed and the advantages branches have in maintaining licenses for themselves.
Action: ZL2DL to draft a letter of advantages for the return of licenses to branches for Br 26/28 and circulate to Council prior to sending.
02 ZL1TPH to discuss with Andrew Barron, costs involved to produce an
economy scaled publication of A5 size.
ZL1TPH in consultation with Andrew Barron over conference weekend felt an A5 sized call book would not be the most appropriate given the information it contains. The size would be too small and paper quality would be compromised. The number of pages required would also limit the type of binding and could be more costly.
Andrew will get costings from Roe print for the production of mini call book and advise ZL1TPH. Ongoing
Action: ZL1TPH to progress Call Book production budget and report to Council.
03 ZL2TW to reply to ZL1UD and thank him for his suggestion of changes to
Break In production. Complete
04 ZL1VH to ask AGM what preferences would be, full hard copy magazine
as opposed to electronic. Advised at AGM Complete
05 ZL1TPH to advertise for the position of Keeper of Milestones in Break In and HQ Info-line. Ongoing
06 ZL2DL to write to branch advising due process must be followed, with the
proper approval being granted by NZART Council for Examination Supervisors. Ongoing
07 ZL1TAJ to coordinate a service agreement to be included with the newly approved Spectrum Management policy Ongoing
08 ZL1VH/ZL2DL to follow up PL insurance for branches with the Association Insurers Ongoing
09 ZL2TLL/ ZL2DL/ZL1VH to arrange an appropriate time to meet with RSM to discuss PIB46, Silent Keys and other areas of common interest.
Council suggested that ZL2DL’s access in SMART could be extended to deactivate records? Ongoing
1/4 Appointments of Officers
That the following Officer appointments be confirmed:
a) Treasurer – Evan Sayer
Moved ZL1VH ZL1PK Carried
b) General Secretary – Debby Morgan ZL2DL
Moved ZL1VH ZL1PK Carried
c) Returning Officer
That Evan Sayer be appointed to the position of Returning Officer, for the upcoming elections in 2015.
Moved ZL2TW ZL1PK Carried
1/5 Remuneration Committee
a) Expenses reimbursements
Figures 2014 Figures 2015
 QSL Bureau Manager $ 605.00 $ 605.00
 Break In Editorial Staff $ 6,265.00* $ 5,765.00
 AREC National Director $ 650.00 $ 650.00
 Treasurer $ 6,500.00 $ 6,600.00
 Business Manager $27,600.00 $ 28,100.00
Remuneration Committee consists of ZL2UDF, ZL1TAK and ZL1PK
The remuneration committee agreed that no costs will be incurred for the production of a CD Rom, therefore no consideration necessary in this year’s budget figures.
All changes effective 1 June 2014
Moved ZL1PK Seconded ZL2UDF Carried
1/6 Council Action on Remits
Update of the Constitution required.
Action: ZL2DL to prepare changes to the constitution as voted at the AGM and submit a copy to the Registrar of Companies Office.
1/7 Council Meeting February 2015
All agreed to hold a one day meeting in February on Skype. Date Saturday 21 Feb 2015. Please confirm as soon as possible if you are unable to attend as another time and date may need to be set.
This meeting is required in February to ensure cut off is met for Break In, with annual reports and remits.
1/8 Review of 2014 Conference
Council agreed the weekend went very well. Letter of thanks to be sent to conference organizing committee.
Action: ZL1VH/ZL2DL to write a letter of thanks to the Marlborough Conference Committee.
1/9 Council seeking re-election 2015
Some Councilors are unsure if they will seek re-election, however will advise later in the year.
Council needs to promote the position of Councilor to encourage an election process.
1/10 Health & Safety Reform
ZL2AJ reported that Health & Safety Reform bill is coming before parliament, NZART need to be up to date as far as being an employer.
ZL1VH advised NZART an H & S policy and will be reviewed at the time of the contract review. We need to confirm if honorarium payments need to be covered in this? Person in Control of Business Undertaking PCBU – action?
Action: ZL2AJ to keep Council informed of compliance with regard to PCBU.
1/11 NZART Website
Action: ZL3PAH to write a specification of requirements for an NZART web site rewrite and circulate to council.
Money may need to be spent. Next stage would be finding a developer.
1/12 Local Body Liaison Officer
Doug Birt ZL1BFS swapping roles with Mike Newman – ZL1VH to forward e-mail received from Mike Newman to Council.
Motion: That Douglas Birt ZL1BFS be appointed LBLO. And Mike Newman ZL1BNB be appointed Deputy LBLO
Moved ZL1TPH Seconded ZL2AJ Carried
1/13 ICOM/NZART merchandise
ZL2DL reported that she and Sharon Dawson discussed the possibility of sponsorship to purchase some small items of memorabilia with duel branding NZART/ICOM.
Council approved, suggesting caps and laptop bags being the preferred choice at this time
Action: ZL2DL to progress sponsorship/merchandise options with Sharon Dawson of ICOM and advise Council before any firm decisions are made.
The positions within FMTAG are being disestablished with the newly developed FMTAG Restructure Document now having been approved by Council.
Once the SLA’s and job descriptions are available, a letter will be sent to ZL2SX and ZL2TAR including a copy of this document.
ZL1VH contacted David by phone to advise him the position of FMTAG Chairman no longer exists, but needs to be followed up with a letter
Action: ZL4TAE – Send a letter to ZL2SX & ZL2TAR re FMTAG being reorganized and attach a copy of the restructure policy once complete.
Vote of thanks for an excellent session all round.
Meeting closed at 11:35am