NZART Council Meeting held via Skype, Tuesday 1st July 2014 commencing 7:35pm
2/1 Roll Call
Chairman: Vaughan Henderson ZL1VH
Council: Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH, Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF
Stuart Watchman ZL2TW, Phil Holliday ZL3PAH
Terry Thomas ZL4TAE
Minute Sec: Topsy Scott ZL2LS
Warren Harris ZL2AJ
2/3 Minutes of Council meeting Monday F/F Blenheim 2 June 2014
Moved By ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL2TW Carried
2/4 Additional Agenda Items
2/12 Update on non renewing members
2/13 Request from Mike Newman ZL1BNB
2/14 Letter from branch 28
2/5 Action Points
Action Points Monday Meeting of Council Conference 2013
01 ZL3PAH and Finance Sub Committee to review the costs and time
involved in ARX duties. Ongoing
Additional: ZL4TAE reported on Finance sub-committee meeting and will prepare minutes and circulate to Council. Complete
Action Points Council Meeting December 2013
01 ZL1VH and ZL3PAH to look at Debby’s contract then follow with review, and update job description.
Additional AP ZL1VH to forward performance review form with Debby’s contract to ZL3PAH. ZL1VH is to email this to ZL3PAH tonight following meeting.
Action Points from Special Skype Meeting 15 February 2014
02 ZL1VH will continue to advertise in Break In and HQ Info-line for a permanent Editor for Break-In.
A/P ZL1VH : To send ZL1TPH updated text for the next issue of Break In as this needs updating.
15 ZL1VH to ask ZL2TLL for an evaluation of what he sees as the value that
the Association receives in attending such meetings for IARU.
Council is expecting a document from Don re this matter. Ongoing
Action Points Council Meeting Friday 30 May 2014 Blenheim
01 ZL1VH will advise branches that it is now compulsory they return all
repeaters and beacons licenses to their own name, being financially responsible for them. Complete
Additional: ZL2DL to draft a letter of advantages for the return of licenses to branches for Br 26/28 and circulate to Council prior to sending. Complete
02 ZL1TPH to discuss with Andrew Barron, costs involved to produce an
economy scaled publication of A5 size. Complete
Additional: ZL1TPH to progress Call Book production budget and report to Council.
ZL1TPH is waiting for a reply from Andrew Barron
A/P ZL1TPH to send another email to Andrew Barron re this Ongoing
05 ZL1TPH to advertise for the position of Keeper of Milestones in Break In and HQ Info-line.
ZL3PAH moved that the Job description for the position of Keeper of Milestones be approved. 2nd by ZL1PK Carried
A/P ZL1TPH to send job description to info line for publication also. Complete
06 ZL2DL – Appointment of Examination Supervisors: To write to two Branches advising due process must be followed, with the proper approval being granted by NZART Council for Examination Supervisors.
ZL2DL is waiting for a reply from the Branches concerned. Ongoing
07 ZL1TAJ to coordinate a service agreement to be included with the newly approved Spectrum Management policy. A start has been made and this has been circulated to the four Councillors looking at this plus the President and Vice President. Ongoing
A request from Branch 80 to provide Branches with Material Damage policies, which provide cover for fire, theft, and accidents concerning club buildings, and also contents. Council considered this request but decided that this will be left to individual Branches to make their own arrangements.
A/P ZL1VH To advise Branch 80 of the decision re Material Damage Insurance.
09 ZL2TLL/ ZL2DL/ZL1VH to arrange a time to meet with RSM to discuss Silent Keys, repeater licensing, unlicensed operation on amateur bands and other areas of common interest.
Council suggested that ZL2DL’s access in SMART could be extended to deactivate Client Records. This will be discussed with RSM.
A meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday 9th July at 2pm. ZL1VH will give a full report of this meeting after the event. Ongoing
Action Points from Meeting Monday 2 June 2014 Blenheim
01 ZL2DL to prepare changes to the constitution as voted in at the AGM and submit a copy to the Registrar of Companies Office. The requirement says that two members are needed to sign this, ZL1VH and ZL2TLL will sign this on the 9th and then it will go to the Companies Office. Ongoing
02 ZL1VH/ZL2DL to write a letter of thanks to the Marlborough Conference Committee. Complete
03 ZL2AJ to keep Council informed of developments with the Health and Safety Act and in particular compliance with regard to PCBU (a person
conducting a business or undertaking). Ongoing
04 ZL3PAH to write a specification of requirements for an updated NZART web site and circulate to council. Ongoing
05 ZL2DL to progress sponsorship/merchandise options with Sharon Dawson of ICOM and advise Council before any firm decisions are made.
ZL2DL is waiting to hear back from Sharon Dawson from Icom NZ Ongoing
06 ZL4TAE – Send a letter to ZL2TAR re FMTAG being reorganized and attach a copy of the restructure policy once complete. Ongoing
2/6 Confirmation of New Members June 2014
Moved by ZL1TAJ 2nd by ZL1TPH Carried
2/7 Monthly Financials June 2014
a) Monthly spreadsheet of payments
Monthly spreadsheet is deferred until next month for approval as some corrections need to be made to the calculations.
ZL1VH is to talk with ZL2DL re these corrections on her return for leave.
b) Actuals versus Budget. Council noted we are on track with budget.
2/8 Monthly Reports June 2014
a) QSL Bureau report
b) FMTAG Monthly report
c) AREC monthly financials – sent out via e-mail
Moved by ZL1PK 2nd by ZL2TW Carried
A/P ZL4TAE to follow up on the status of the 9cm beacon application as Council has not approved this and it needs to be resolved and moved to approval.
2/9 "W.I.A 2015 ANZAC Commemorative Plan"– ZL1TPH
ZL3PAH is to look at this over the next two weeks then to liaise with ZL1TPH.
NZART has approval to use the word ANZAC and proposes using the call sign ZL100ANZAC for this event. We hope to be able to work in with the WIA.
2/10 DVD Library Labelling
Having received some of the video library from Neill Ellis now transferred to DVD, I need to have them labelled in a reasonably professional way, similar to the Exam training DVD’s.
Neil ZL1TAJ is still working on this and better copies are to come which will be labelled and will also have a master copy for HQ.
A/P ZL2TW to talk with ZL2DL re this.
2/11 This Agenda item withheld under clause 8.4 of the NZART Constitution.
2/12 Update on 2014 Non-renewing members
ZL1VH has sent out 213 letters to non renewing members. He has had 7 letters of thanks and renewals to date. Two have advised they will not be renewing. More to come we hope.
Thanks was given to ZL1VH for all the time and effort he has put into this.
2/13 Request from Mike Newman ZL1BNB
Mike ZL1BNB has advised that he has been representing NZART over the matter of the Waipa District Council plan and that the decisions version of the plan has been released. The decision is confusing and conflicting in a number of areas and he wishes to proceed with an appeal. Approval sought to pay the lodgement fee for the appeal of $555.11.
Council approved this request as it is very important that we support all work done to ensure the continuation of amateur radio operations.
A/P ZL1VH to advise ZL1BNB of Council’s approval.
2/14 Letter from Branch 28
Branch 28 has written expressing their concern over repeater licenses having to be paid by the Branch – this as a result of a Council decision that all Branches must pay their own licenses direct to RSM.
ZL2TW has constructed a letter of reply. Council has approved this letter and ZL1VH will now send it to the Branch.
ZL1VH will follow up with a personal visit later in the year.
A/P ZL1VH – Send reply letter to Branch 28
2/15 Leave of absence
ZL1VH will possibly be away from NZ from 18th July to 27th July. ZL2TW will be in charge while he is away. ZL1VH will formally advise when he has confirmation.
Neil Ellis ZL1TAJ will be out of the country form 13th to 18 August.
Phil Holiday ZL3PAH will not be at the October Council meeting.
2/16 General Business
Lindsay Ross ZL4KS section Leader has accepted this position.
Conference 2016: possibility of Otago.
There being no further business the meeting was closed at 21.27 hrs.
On air Minute Secretary