held on 3820 kHz Tuesday 5th March 2013 commencing 8.00pm. Roll call at 7:55pm.
09/1 Roll Call
Chairman: ZL2TW Stuart Watchman
ZL1PK Phil King, ZL1TPH Stephen Hayman, ZL1TAJ Neill Ellis,
ZL2HD John Andrews, ZL2AMJ Fred Johnson, ZL2AJ Warren Harris,
ZL3PAH Phil Holliday
Absent: ZL4TAE Terry Thomas
Min Sec: Letitia Scott ZL2LS
ZL1TGC Vaughan Henderson
ZL4TAE Terry Thomas
09/3 Confirmation of Minutes
a) February on air Moved by ZL1PK 2nd by ZL1TPH Carried
b) Face to Face meeting. With Vaughan, yet to be circulated
09/4 Additional Agenda Items
9/9 Local Government Liaison Officer report
9/10 Council travel to AGM Masterton.
08/5 Action points from Feb 2011 on air Council Meet
05 ZL2HD report from the Appeal to the Environment Court regarding Wellington City Council District Plan Change on behalf of NZART and the Wellington VHF Group. Update: Mike Newman ZL1BNB will be writing a letter to the Environment Court Judge and open communications with the Wellington City Council.
Additional action: ZL2HD to work with Mike Newman ZL1BNB on work being done on district and city plan changes to list these and keep Council informed.
At the moment Mike is working on other district Plans so this is on hold Ongoing
Action Points from November 2011 Council Net
07 ZL2TW to do promotional Power point presentation for NZART and submit to Council for approval. Ongoing
Action Points Council meeting Monday F/F Nelson June 2012
06 ZL3PAH / ZL1TPH: to revisit the results of the 2010 membership survey and update Council and finalise by e-mail, prior to publishing in Break In and HQ Info-line. Work complete, Phil ZL3PAH will circulate the results to Council for feedback and action to be taken.
This has been completed and circulated to council. The survey will not be going into Break In Complete
Action Points Council meeting F/F February 2013 Wellington Airport
01 ZL2TW to review all HQ expenditure and discuss with Debby/Evan. Ongoing
02 ZL2DL to circulate banner/flag promotional material Ongoing
03 ZL2AJ to draft a train the trainer course for branches
So far ZL2AJ has contacted Taupo for some suggestions regarding a suitable
venue for this to occur. The next step will be to price the event, and seek expressions of interest from trainers around the country. The course format that he believes should be a live course with real students, allowing additional time to go over teaching methods and styles, and to give trainers confidence and some useful tips teaching classes. This may need to be a long weekend to fit in all the necessary information. Progressing
04 ZL2AJ to approach branch to consider rewording remit.
The remit has been reworded and sent back to Debby today Complete
05 ZL1TGC Certificate of appreciation for meritorious service to be prepared
06 ZL2DL to thank Tony for his suggestion of promotional stickers, Council is
considering all options in this regard. Complete
07 ZL1TGC to look into the costs for the production of the ARRL based sticker
“When all else fails…Amateur Radio”. Ongoing
08 FMTAG/ZL4TAE to prepare a process of replacement engineering skills if
ZL2TAR is not available. David to report back to Council on a suitable replacement
in this event. Ongoing
09 ZL2DL to copy 1996 survey and forward to Council for consideration.
10 ZL3PAH to report progress on actions on the future direction of NZART, including HQ processes and documentation.
At present work is being done on strategies for NZART, this will take some time to
complete a suggestion of around six months and will be circulated to council when
completed via email.
ZL3PAH has suggested that Headquarters Processes and Documentation should become a separate document not to be included in with the futures direction of NZART. Work in progress Ongoing
11 FMTAG/ZL4TAE to advise Council any updates and confirm the paper can be adopted. Ongoing
12 ZL1TAJ, ZL1PK, ZL2AJ Group to form a chairperson and report back to
Council with a concise term of reference for the Band Plan group working
ZL1PK said. The final draft has been sent out asking for closing comments to be back by Wednesday 6th March. To date he has 3 returned comments.
The plan is to publish this after closing date has been. ZL1PK is chairing this group.
13 ZL1TGC to approach webmaster to make it more user friendly. Perhaps
include a member’s only area as well. Ongoing
14 ZL2DL to provide Council with a list of all names and addresses of those members who have not renewed for 2012. Complete
15 ZL2DL to formally invite WIA President Phil Wait VK3ASD to NZART conference 2013. Complete
16 ZL1TGC to liaise with the webmaster to arrange a link on the NZART website of ZL2AMJ’s examination programme. Ongoing
09/6 Confirmation of New Members February 2013
Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL3PAH Confirmed
09/7 Monthly Financials February 2013
a) Ratification of Payments
b) Actuals versus Budget
Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL1PK Carried
09/8 Monthly Reports
a) QSL Bureau report
b) FMTAG Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL3PAH Carried
c) Monitoring Service (e-mailed)
A & C Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL3PAH Carried
09/9 Local Government Liaison Officer Report
The date on the report is incorrect for the report
A/P ZL2TW to contact Mike and ask if he could change the date before
Sending it to Break In Complete
09/10 Council Travel to AGM Masterton
Council to initiate discussion with Debby re this.
A/P ZL2TW to talk with ZL2DL and ZL1TGC re this ASAP.
09/14 Information Papers
09/15 Leave of Absence
09/16 General Business
There being no further business meeting was closed by Chairperson ZL2TW at 20.31 hrs
Congratulations on the new grandchild Vaughan
On air minute secretary.