Meeting held via Skype on Friday 5th July 2013 commencing 7:30pm. Roll call at 7:25pm.
02/1 Roll Call Chairman: ZL1TGC Vaughan Henderson
Council Present ZL1PK Phil King, ZL1TPH Stephen Hayman, ZL1TAJ Neill Ellis ZL2AJ Warren Harris, ZL2TW Stuart Watchman
Min Sec: Letitia Scott ZL2LS
02/2 Apologies ZL4TAE, ZL3PAH
02/3 Confirmation of Minutes a) Friday Face to Face Minutes June sent by email 27 June b) Monday Face to Face Minutes June sent by email 27 June c) Face to Face February meeting. Sent by email 27 June Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL1PK Carried
02/5 Action points November 2011 Council Net 07 ZL2TW to do promotional Power point presentation for NZART and submit to Council for approval. An email was sent out asking for photos if you have any please send them to Stuart. ZL2TW to resend email. Ongoing F/F February 2013 Wellington Airport 01 Finance Sub Committee to review all HQ expenditure and discuss with Debby/Evan. This is pertaining to the photocopier. A letter has been sent to the Sharp Wellington manager regarding the agreement, as to date nothing has been heard back. Ongoing
05 ZL1TGC Certificate of appreciation for meritorious service to be prepared ZL2APE. ZL2TW waiting on stock of certificates to complete this. Ongoing
07 ZL1TGC to look into the costs for the production of the ARRL based sticker “When all else fails…Amateur Radio”. ZL1GMB back from overseas, so hope to have samples before next meeting Ongoing
08 FMTAG/ZL4TAE to prepare a process of replacement engineering skills if ZL2TAR is not available. David to report back to Council on a suitable replacement in this event. Nothing has come back on this to date. Ongoing
10A ZL3PAH HQ processes and documentation. Phil away Ongoing
11 FMTAG/ZL4TAE to advise Council any updates and confirm the paper can be adopted. ZL1TGC to follow up progress. Completed 12 ZL1PK (chairman) and Group (ZL1TAJ, ZL1PK, ZL2AJ) to send a reminder via Info-Line and the email reflectors calling for more submissions on the 70cm band plan. Submissions have closed. Draft Band plan prepared and sent out for comments to all submitters. So far have had one comment back. Ongoing
13 ZL1TGC to approach webmaster to make it more user friendly. Perhaps include a member’s only area as well. ZL1TGC has had 3 amateurs approach him re this. See action point 07 below. Complete
Action Points April 2013 Council meeting 4 All Council, update on contacting non-financial members. Complete
Action points Friday Meeting Council Conference 2013 01 ZL1TGC to contact ZL2TAR, re paper on SRD’s on 70cm band to be placed on web page. Complete
02 ZL2DL to send the list of all complimentary members to Council for consideration and cull. List to be tidied up and resent out Complete
03 ZL1TPH to look into the possibility of providing headsets with microphones for Council to meet via Skype session. Complete
04 ZL1TGC – draft a letter to ZL2SX requesting clarification from FMTAG regarding their participation in the 70cm band plan review. This was done by a phone call. Complete
Action Points Monday Meeting of Council Conference 2013 01 ZL3PAH and Finance Sub Committee to review the costs and time involved in ARX duties. Ongoing
02 ZL2DL create a time sheet on ARX duties. ZL2DL created spreadsheet to run over 3mths period then report back. Ongoing
03 ZL2AJ to liaise with Debby and prepare an FAQ summary on ARX duties. Ongoing
04 ZL1TGC to scan article from RSGB magazine and circulate to Council for consideration. Complete
05 ZL2DL to get quotes from suppliers of postage envelopes and internet and advise Council. Ongoing
06 Evan to forward a revised budget for 2014 to Council. Council to go over this and discuss at next month’s meeting. Ongoing A/P heading Review 2014 Budget
07 ZL1TGC will report progress on web site design upgrade as discussed with ZL3QL ZL1TGC is getting costs and a plan together before committing to updating the website, which is fragmented and needs major purge . This requires further work. Ongoing
08 ZL1TGC to approach Rhonda Merritt, with regard to including Forest and Rural Fire Risk Cover on our policy and the cost for this additional cover. ZL1TGC has sent email off to Rhonda Merritt re the above and asking costs to increase this from 250 thousand to one million dollars, this may have to be increased further than that. Ongoing
02/6 Confirmation of New Members May/June 2013 Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by Zl1PK Confirmed
02/7 Monthly Financials May/June 2013 a) Ratification of Payments Moved ZL1TPH 2nd ZL1PK Ratified b) Actuals versus Budget
02/8 Monthly Reports a) QSL Bureau report b) AREC Financial Report c) FMTAG recommendations Moved by ZL1TPH 2nd by ZL2AJ Carried
02/9 Appointment of Call Book Editor ZL1TPH moved that Andrew Barron ZL3DW be appointed the new Call Book editor 2nd by ZL2AJ Carried
02/10 FMTAG Discussion A discussion was held re the above and it was agreed upon that that the following take place. ZL1TPH moved that NZART disband FMTAG over a period of time, restructure and seek reappointment for all positions within FMTAG. 2nd by ZL2AJ Carried
02/11 Information Papers 1. Scan of RSGB Promotional Plan from March 2013 RadCom 2. RSGB 2013 Promotional Plan (circulated by email 27 June)
02/12 Leave of Absence Topsy ZL2LS for August meeting ZL2AJ offered to do minutes
02/13 General Business 1. Ulysses agreement The financial agreement is now formalised and has been since May. 2013 They are now invoiced each month for the space they rent off NZART and this is paid directly to NZART and not through ZL2DL anymore.
2. Holding Council meeting via Skype. Comment from all who took part that it worked very well, everyone could hear everything the others said. Much more satisfactory than using 80m.
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org